Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

charleston is packed full of tons of incredible restaurants, but halls seems to be at the top year in and year out and i attribute it all to the owners

your boss wont have a hard time getting a great meal while hes there, but halls is always a great choice

rodney scott who is a legend in SC and in the south really for whole hog bbq opened up a spot on King street a few years back…pretty sure he was either the first pitmaster or one of the first pitmasters to win the James Beard award

his place in charleston is a lot nicer than where he started cooking whole hog bbq, but its damn good

his OG place in hemmingway, sc is iconic

3 Likes

Halls looks incredible. Also looks like you have tot take out a loan.

yeah, its not cheap at all, but if he wants a high end meal, its the place to go

i recommend it to anyone heading to charleston that wants to splurge…sent people there from all over the country and all of them rave about it after the fact

it never seems to disappoint

1 Like

I work in Columbia and live and play golf in Lexington.

2 Likes

First time long time. Columbia located. Knocking it around the public courses but looking for a home if the fiance will allow it. Tendency to get a little wipey off the tee. Looking forward to commiserating with yall. Citadel '10.

1 Like

How’s that drive on 378? Every. Damn. Day.

I live in Lexington and have driven the 35 minutes to Columbia CC for about 3 and a half years. Fortunate to live right off I20

Grew up on No. 11 at CCC. Best greens in the city.

2 Likes

Not bad for me----come in super early to my office and gym before it becomes an issue.

1 Like

First time poster, been a fan of the pod for a few years. Grew up in Raleigh, graduated from Clemson in 2015. I am currently a 1.5 but I am petrified to go low. Just moved to Charleston a year ago from Charlotte. Loving the golf down here much more than I ever thought I would. Public access is better than Charlotte IMO and CCC and Yeamans are about as fun as it gets. Just moved into Snee Farm and hoping to join there and get in on some regular games in the near future.

2 Likes

Welcome and Go Tigers!

1 Like

Welcome both to the Refuge and to Mt P. I’m a member at Snee Farm and could help fill you in on at least a few of the recurring games. Given your age (assuming you went straight to college and graduated in under 15ish years from there) and handicap, the weekend Skins game would probably be your group. Most the guys in the group are low single-digits in their 20s-low 40s and they play straight up. If/when you join, ask to talk to Gene in the pro shop. He’s got the scoop on all the games and does a good job introducing new members to the folks who run the games.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I have played in two skins matches at Snee this year and had a great time with a friend of mine. Will definitely look into joining once there is some longer days to play during the week.

1 Like

Couldn’t be more right. Cut, rolled, look-out.

Curious - for your weekend skins games do you have any other set rules? We try to do points quota for our match but we don’t generate a ton of interest. I like the idea of just throwing in $10 and playing skins.

I played Snee Farm years ago in the Jr Rice Planters, always enjoyed that course.

1 Like

The skins game doesn’t. There’s another weekend game that starts about 12:30 both days and plays combo skins and blind 4-man team best ball (1 gross, 1 net). Pot is split between the two games. Weds night is a rotating 9 hole game of various types.

1 Like

Had the chance to play Wexford on HHI for the first time today. Nice layout with some pretty tough greens. Probably some of the most undulation I’ve seen at the courses in the area

5 Likes

New around here. Moved to Bluffton from Buffalo a few months ago.

2 Likes

That’s a fun track. #18 in the pics?

1 Like

Yes sir. First one is the par 3 17th and second is the approach on 18