Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Cheraw event will be open to all, but roost members will have 24 hours to sign up before “gen pop”. It’s not too late to (re)join the Queen City Hive @tylernichols91!

1 Like

Terrible take.

2 Likes

Not my first and not my last

What’s up everybody, I’m new to the Nest/Refuge, but I’ve been following NLU for a while now. I’ve been living in Columbia for about 7 years now and I’m a proud grad of the University of South Carolina. I play out of Oak Hills in Cola, but I’m always down for a round or an event anywhere across the state.

6 Likes

welcome! I just added you to our roost page. You should see it on the home page. We have events, whatsapp and other info in there. Put your info on the google sheets page and @EZmiss will get you added to our email distribution as well. There is also some space available for our event in 2 weeks at Riverton Pointe. @jtshelley42 can get you linked up for that.

Even though you bad guis left our region in search of ACC level competition, the Peachtree Collective would still love to see as many of your faces as possible.

@apmiller if we had our name on the Google sheet are we good?

1 Like

Sorry that wasn’t very clear. The excel sheet was just an interest list to help with planning. Official registration is through the link above (our version of golf genius for the events).

Thanks Austin. Signed up through official tracking. @Paden probably needs to do the same.

1 Like

I’m going to be coming to Beaufort (Bo-fort or Bu-fort?) the end of February for my son’s karate tournament. Just me and him, so we could squeeze in a round of golf. I’m thinking either Aiken, or Charleston Muni. Coming down 26 from SW VA, is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks, folks

It’s bu-fert.

Those are your two best options on the public side. Can’t go wrong with either.

Anyone play out in Scottsdale before? Heading out there in April. I have times at We-Ko-Pa Cholla Friday and Saguaro Saturday. Saguaro is a 650 tee time and it might be too early after a night out. Worth it or should I look at somewhere else like Quintero. Any thoughts?

Bo-fert is the NC

2 Likes

Played Eagle Mountain, a little outside of Scottsdale but was pretty affordable and in really good shape. Fun course and super nice staff

1 Like

One additional question regarding Aiken and the Muni. Do you think I’ll need to book a tee time early, or are they pretty open this time of year? We have a 6-hr drive to get there, so just wondering if I can show up and get on. Thanks.

Aiken is almost always available for play but I would call ahead and put your name down.

Muni is an online based system. Depending on time of day you want to play you might be able to just walk on. I would call the pro shop and tell them you’re out of town and ask them the best option.

4 Likes

Hey Guys -

Looking for some recommendations on courses/resorts for a extended weekend getaway with the wife. She probably won’t golf, but I am bringing my sticks. TIA.

1 Like

In America? In South Carolina? Greenville? Myrtle Beach?

7 Likes

South Carolina

You’ve gotta narrow down where you’re looking a bit for us to help. Charleston and Myrtle Beach are big tourist areas, as is Hilton Head. Do you have any specific areas you are looking?

1 Like