Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

I’ll be in Savannah for a long weekend in mid-Feb - do I bring the clubs, or no?

If yes, let’s hear some recommendations!

(In exchange for local Savannah recs - golf, food, or otherwise - I will provide the same concierge service for anyone coming to Tulsa in May to LIV it up w/ Abe Ancer and the rest of that crew)

Hey! I’m new to the Nest/Refuge, but a longtime NLU fan. Been living in Beaufort for 4-5 years and mostly play over at Parris Island. Would like to get involved in some of the Lowcountry events in 2023. Looks like there were some fun ones in 2022.

4 Likes

Welcome! I am just down the road in Bluffton. Typically play most of my golf over on the island or at Old South/HH National.

We are hosting an event down this way on Feb 4th at Riverton Pointe. Check out the post below and throw your name on the google signup sheet if you can make it.

3 Likes

Throwing my name out here too as a new, attempting to be “active” member of the Nest.

Live in Charleston and play most of my golf over at the Muni. Always looking for a game and trying get back into some competitive golf. I’m on the list for Feb. 4 down at Riverton. Looking forward to meeting some of y’all there.

Go Cocks!

6 Likes

I’m off all week this week and am thinking about playing True Blue and Caledonia. Anyone able and interested in joining for one or both of those rounds?

1 Like

I’m looking to play Charleston Muni on a Saturday in February. Any advice on how to ensure a tee time for two? Just be on the phone or website at 7am a week out?

1 Like

Yep just have to be on the website a week before. If you get on early when they release the tee times you should be able to get a good selection of tee times.

1 Like

If you’re not in the Charleston area, send an email to Marshall Ormand ormandm@charleston-sc.gov

Explain that you are from out of town and want to ensure availability to play the Muni once in town. He’s fantastic and more than accommodating to ensure you can get out.

9 Likes

This is that local knowledge I came for. Many thanks for this. I will definitely send an email tomorrow.

3 Likes

Arguably this is the information only a non-local can provide. Hahaha. Good luck!

6 Likes

2 Likes

To be fair…

2 Likes

Awe man, I hate that I’m missing this as we are building our house on the 4th tee at Riverton! Once we move from Austin, I’ll be getting involved in the SC roost. Have fun and enjoy as it’s a fun course!

9 Likes

Riverton is such a great course! Enjoy :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

SC roost about to get blessed with some Walkers…

9 Likes

Welcome! (even if early).

Looking forward to you getting involved in the roost!

Is the Cheraw event open to the unaffiliated? Saw it on the event page but assume it’s behind the roost wall on here

No, it hasn’t been put up to sign up yet. I think they’re going to open it up to members of the three roosts first then if leftover spots I am sure those who refuse to pledge their allegiance will have a chance to sign up

Yeah saw 1/24 sign up start but usually see threads discussing events in advance

The corporatization continues - not vibey