Palmetto Cannon Crew Presents: The BJ Cup @ Riverton Pointe February 4, 2023

Good Evening @PalmettoCannonCrew!

I am excited to announce that we have finalized our first major for the 2023 season at Riverton Pointe Golf and Country Club on Saturday, February 4th 2023.

Located in Hardeeville right on the Beaufort/Jasper county line, the course originally opened back in 2008 as Hampton Pointe but was closed within a year after the housing market crash. It was reopened last fall and has quickly become a favorite for many in the area as the Nicklaus design offers large undulating greens and subtle elevation changes that are uncommon at courses in the Bluffton/Hilton Head area. The championship layout tips out around 7,300 yards offering a strong challenge for low handicaps (just recently announced as the host for the Big East conference championships in April), however the course offers 5 sets of tees including two additional combo sets to accommodate all skill levels.

Hole Flyovers: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82xw-XGCkLX3JBNssTt5HsyKtB7kSlC1

The event will have a 32 player limit and tee times have been secured between 12:00pm – 1:20pm. Cost will be $75 + tax (includes cart and range balls). No deposit due at the moment but I will have details finalized over the next month.

Sign-ups on our main sheet below:

8 Likes

Is it really a refuge event without a name/logo?

To honor the location of our event (proximity to Beaufort and Jasper counties) and our good friends just down the road at Congaree, the tournament committee has decided that our first major championship will be known as The BJ Cup @ Riverton Pointe.

We have also decided to adopt the $10 entry fee/deposit structure from our friends over at the Splash of OJ. This money will go into a pot and we will do a 50/50 split to the event’s charity & Top 3 places ($160 full field payout with other half allocated to charity).

Entry fee to be paid via Venmo @Justin-Shelley-1

The deadline to register/submit your entry fee will be January 20th, 2023 as the course has asked me to confirm the number of players we will have no later than 14 days in advance.

9 Likes

8 Likes

Now I wish I kept this…

Someone wanna photo shop this?

Friendly reminder that the $10 Entry Fee/Deposit is due by this Friday 1/20.

Venmo @Justin-Shelley-1 (Last 4 digits 6689)

1 Like

Just took my name off the list----I actually have a work outing that Saturday until 2:00PM. On a Saturday. Which is fine. Fine.

Sorry to miss this.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Gonna miss you brother!

1 Like

Same! Thanks.

@apmiller @Swing_hard_and_hope @Big_RanDeer @Hitchings21 We’ve had a few spots open up if you want to share within your respective roosts. If anyone has questions please feel free to send them my way!

1 Like

Looking forward to it! @jtshelley42 just sent you the entry fee in Venmo.

1 Like

Got it!

@CTFigueroa I think you might have paid your $10 for this to me instead of @jtshelley42

Let me know if that’s the case and I will forward along to him.

Oh man you’re right. My bad. Thanks for being honest.

1 Like

It’s my best quality :rofl:

He’s legally bound.

@pe2 @dbart @tsmith @dmmcgaha @charlestondawg @KyDaddy

Last day to confirm your spot. Need to send the course a total number of players tonight.

1 Like

I can’t make it

1 Like

I’ll be there. Venmo inbound

1 Like

Venmo on the way. Thanks for the reminder

1 Like

I’m out man. Y’all have a good time

1 Like