Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Believe Riverton Pointe is still semi-private until they have enough members to go fully private. It’s a fun course. Likely call and check.

Morning y’all,

I am in Greenville for work on the 10/17 to 10/27 and looking for course reccomendations. May be linking up with a friend who is new to game, so if there any courses you think would be fun pleade lwt me know! Appreciate all the help.

Par 3 course with big practice putting green that was just redone. Should be fun for the friend. I’ll let the other locals chime in about real courses. Furman comes to my mind.

6 Likes

Basically @EZmiss nailed it here.

2 Likes

Hey y’all, just wanted to let you know I booked Charleston Muni for 2 next Thursday (10/20) at 1:57 and Stono Ferry on Friday at 8:04 AM. 2 spots open at both if anyone local wants to join.

4 Likes

Was there a couple of months back and played both. Wouldn’t do anything different next time I visit.

Take the time and drive to Clemson and play the Walker Course…multiple times. I think it’s my favorite public course in upstate SC. Lots of memorable holes, good architecture and excellent conditioning.

3 Likes

That is the plan. Furman is hosting some real deal event next weekend, so my boss and I will tee off at the Walker Course 1110AM Sunday. He is an FSU grad, so it will be fun watching him enojoy the round.

1 Like

I’m eager to hear what you think. There’s a pretty good restaurant next door to the course - Sole’ on the Green. Their patio overlooks the 18th hole and Lake Hartwell and is a fun place to have lunch after your round. The course is on the edge of campus and if you like college campuses Clemson’s is nice, but not too big and worth a look around.

1 Like

Any south carolinians attending the CJ Cup? Looking for a CJ hat.

Great sunsets on the finishing holes too this time of year!

The purest greens I have ever played! Great layout, beautiful scenery. I could get used to playing there, y’all have a real gem!

3 Likes

That’s my favorite tee shot. 16, 17, and 18 are fun finishing holes. Any other highlights from the day?

1 Like

Hole 17 was my favorite! The views on the back 9 of the lake were stunning. I enjoyed 15, for I hit a bomb and had barely a bump and run left to the green. We didn’t realize Sole had limited Sunday hours, so we called an audible and watched the NFL games at the Hooters in Anderson and had a great post round party. I played with a coworker who is used to playing golf in Florida, so he was blown away by elevation changes. He hit the best bunker shots of his life today. It was impressive, for we played Pine Mountain Country Club earlier this week and that was his first time hitting a tee shot up a hill. He let me know that playing in SC was a bucket liat trip for him, so it was awesome to share that with him.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you had a great time. Now you’ve got a reason to go back to upstate SC.

1 Like

hey all, new resident to charleston here, moved to town from los angeles over the summer. big fan of NLU and have been learning more about the roosts recently so thought i’d drop in to introduce myself.

live on the peninsula and have only gotten out to muni so far. would like to start playing more often and connect with the local golf community. i’m a 23 handicap and work from home with a somewhat flexible schedule (engaged, no kids). filled out the info in the gdoc, happy to play with anyone whose interested and looking forward to getting out there.

6 Likes

Welcome! @EZmiss please add him to the email group and roost page.

More info to come in the next few weeks regarding events for 2023.

3 Likes

Here’s the Lowcountry chat group link:

Admittedly it’s not the most active, but hopefully it can grow as more local folks join.

Course has always been in great shape since i been visiting since 2012. But this past spring i just felt like tee box to green it was the best I’d ever seen it. Greens were in fact so good. I just kept saying that every putt. Then every 3 putt. Lol

Welcome man. I’ve added you to the google group so you’ll get emails when we send them out.

I’ve also added you to the @PalmettoCannonCrew, so you can see our secret message board:
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/c/community/palmetto-cannon-crew/39

Lastly, we have an ongoing quota game every month, but our next event is a match with @FirstFlight in December at Stono Ferry followed up by an oyster roast. Details here:
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/match-vs-first-flight-december-10-stono-ferry-golf-club/80103

2 Likes