Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Is Windemere in Blythewood that bad? Just looking back at some of the feedback in here. Saw the golf moose deal and with a coupon it brings it to $25 with a cart.

$25 is $20 too high.

It’s a pretty fun layout to be honest. We played an SCGA event there and the greens were half dirt/bump. It’s worth $20 with friends in the afternoon on a nice day with some drinks. Maybe.

1 Like

They put a damn SCGA event there? Woof

1 Like

Partners event. Woodcreek gave them the boot in ‘22. It was a shit show. A lot of guys didn’t bother practice putting before the round.

Everyone paid the same greens, so it wasn’t that bad.

Played in the Partners event too and I will second everything you said. Wasn’t expecting much but for a neighborhood course, I enjoyed the layout. Playing your own ball and playing it down would’ve been brutal but for a 2-man scramble, it was manageable.

Like you said, if I wasn’t a member anywhere, I’d spend $25 to go out and play a Friday afternoon round with a few drinks and laughs with the fellas but just don’t expect to be impressed with the course, conditioning is real bad.

1 Like

Yep this would definitely be for an afternoon hit and giggle. Thanks!

1 Like

So I live right nearby and have played this course a couple of times. I think the layout is pretty good and there is a variety of different holes. Conditioning has always been the issue at Windermere and that’s for a lack of funds and care. One of my favorite examples was on the Par 13th that has a lions mouth bunker and a sloped green surrounding it; they loved putting the pin just beyond the bunker. So the play here is to club up and use the slope to come back BUT they had grown the greens out so much and let the collar double in size that you would never get the slope to have the ball roll back. Bunkers were always like concrete as well.

However, since they hosted the Partners in March, a new pro has taken over and I met him back in August at a local golf shop. He said he is changing things and is actually trying to take care of the course. He wants to bring back the local players who were run off or didn’t want to deal with conditions. I haven’t had the chance to get over there and check his promises but from eyeballing the course driving by or on walks it certainly looks like he is trying. Will be interested to hear what you’re thought end up being.

3 Likes

Second the hit & giggle on this track, some fun holes. Would rank it between Woodlands and Northwoods.

Save the date Carolina friends…

1 Like

Did I miss a rebrand from Cannons? Cc @LukeBoatright @tylernichols91

They working with some outdated and frankly offensive “assigned” naming :rofl:

2 Likes

As I’m roost agnostic I cannot comment but I’d be happy to help them with a rebrand back to their roots…

1 Like

Hilarious this just got sent out in the State of the Nest update

1 Like

I find it offensive that you tagged @tylernichols91 who refuses to pledge allegiance to a Roost

1 Like

I don’t know what @LukeBoatright has done to them. This aggression will not stand man.

giphy

2 Likes

I have zero idea where you even got that list. I have no doubt @Double_Bogey_Dave will get it corrected if its a live list out somewhere.

2 Likes

I just kinda assumed he helped with the branding