Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

I’m probably not the best for this, but the North Main area is probably good if you can find something.

6 Likes

Where’s the wedding? If you can avoid the berea area, everything else is good

1 Like

The wedding is in Easley, I believe

I just spent 2 months in an Airbnb in Easley, was not very good. Very outdated and the damn train blew its horn all night long. There was a small farm just north that had a secluded cabin Airbnb that looked cool.

1 Like

We’re definitely planning on sticking to the downtown-ish area or nearby neighborhoods.

1 Like

Anywhere downtown will be more fun. Anywhere not near White Horse road and Berea will be just fine. North Main, West Greenville, Augusta road area will all be good options I would imagine.

2 Likes

Thanks guys

1 Like

Greenville folks: Been walking 9 during the week afternoons at Furman. Solid deal. Solo is always nice but gets boring so if anyone wants to tag along, give me a shout

@palmettolefty I can sneak out some weekdays for sure but usually it’s going to be after 4:30 but sometimes can go earlier. Hit me up 224-226-0369 whenever you do and I’ll see if I can make it. Trying to get out today if interested.

3 Likes

yeah same here with 4:30 and after. Can’t today, but rain check to next week sounds great. I will let you know

1 Like

Sounds good! Next week T/F wide open. M/W/Th would need to be closer to 6 if that’s not too late for you.

Anyone around HHI or Bluffton next Thursday/Friday want to get a game?

1 Like

Wife and I are going to be on HHI the first week of June for anniversary. All of the Sea Pines courses will be either aerifying or recovering from aerification that week (almost thankful of that as I probably would have talked myself into the $200+ round at Harbour Town).

Watched the Strapped episode of Old South and it intrigued me as a place to get a “cheaper” round in. Those who live or visit HHI frequently - point me in the direction of your next best place to play 1 round while we’re in town.

Appreciate it.

Played Old South a lot during a 93 work-gig. Looks like the impression the Strapped boys got was the same I had. OK low cost option for a trip, but first to be replaced on the next one. Always thought the place needed better drainage.

Hilton Head National or RTJ course at Palmetto Dunes.

1 Like

Looking to book a tee time at the muni on Friday 5/20. I haven’t played there before and it looks like tee times book up pretty quickly. Should I expect to be able to get a late morning tee time if I login to book it at 7 AM the day the tee times can be booked for that day?

If you are a week out you should be fine as long as they dont have a tournament or something going on.

1 Like

You can book 7 days advance, but yea I would get on first thing to snag a tee time. Sometimes I think people book a time just to have because it’s so hard to get them but don’t actually cancel them if they aren’t able to make it.

Anything before noon will be gone in like 5-10 minutes. If its a single (maybe 2some), they can usually get you out if you show up though. A lotta NCNS.

Hello Friends-

High level ask - anyone ever had luck getting the Charleston municiapl to let a group play with 5?

Context - headed to Charleston this weekend. Have 5 people playing friday which is an akward number. Was up ready to book tee times at 7a a week in advance. Turns out there was already a skins game taking up half the tee times in the late morning / early afternoon. So I’m scrambling to grab a couple tee times later in the day. Probably not thinking intelligently, I grabbed a full 4some and a single in the next group rather than splitting it 3 and 2. I’d hoped they’d be cool with it just being 5. I called the course and they completely shot it down. Further context, it’s my bachelor party and a couple of the guys are mediocre / don’t play much but are fully aware of when to pick up. Not one to drink when we golf either. So really would hate to have folks doing something their not interested in and then be forced to do it with strangers and not the group.

Anyone had luck here? Is there a best person to talk to who may be more amenable? I probably fucked this up but hoping to find a way out of it with some southern hospitality. But I understand i’m asking them to be an exception to the rule and that makes me suck.