Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

I would ask to speak to the head pro.

I just don’t think you’re going to get a green light. Places like that have to be strict or its a damn free for all.

Just have one guy not play but ride or walk with you all. Much more fun than splitting up

2 Likes

That’s my feeling too. I’m asking to be the asshole. Wasn’t thinking clearly at 7am when half the tee times for the day were already pre-reserved. Ah well

1 Like

yeah i think one guy my sign up to do that who wouldn’t care much either way. just feel like a jerk doing that to him.

If they don’t care it won’t be a huge deal. Once you’re out there he can hit some shots. I’ve had a friend do that on a bachelor party trip and just kinda loved being out there, having some drinks etc when they’ve never really spent any time on a golf course before.

1 Like

@mshriver3 saw you post in the Strapped thread your Bachelor Party is this weekend. Enjoy. Let us know if you need any other recs.

Enjoy the beer tour too. CHS has some great breweries and if they don’t take you, make sure you go to the Fermentory.

1 Like

Anybody played Quixote Club? Any reviews?

I’m playing it next week. Pretty excited about it.

1 Like

Please return and give a review.

1 Like

@tigergolftraveler was just there. I’m sure a review will be up on the website soon :rofl:

3 Likes

Stop pressuring me! I’m just getting up tours from September :joy:

@JGBinCAE it’s a lot of fun. They had some wet spots from rain but overall it’s firm and especially around the greens.

Par 70, so pick the right tees and you’ll have a blast. Hopefully you’re playing with a member since there are almost no signs to the next hole.

4 Likes

It’s a great course and only getting better. Spent a weekend there in October. While some areas were still growing in, it’s already a great test. Decisions off the tee on 3 and 16, a nice collection of par 3s with 17 being the standout.

14-18 is such a great stretch of finishing holes:
14 is the first hole to really break away from the property after being surrounded with other holes. Great approach down to the green with the water on the left.
When I squint, 15 reminds me of East Lake’s 16, a strong test of an uphill dogleg left playing up from the water.
16 and 17 mentioned above as great holes.
18 is a superb finisher, and really tests your line off the tee.

I’ll be back down there next month, so also looking forward to your thoughts on its current condition.

2 Likes

Played it today and this is spot on. Super fun track with great conditions. The whole course is really good. Some really fun shots and green complexes out there. I hope to get back as soon as possible! Would be a cool place to be a member for sure!

Dad and the super go back 40 years so was great to play with him and get all the stories of the build out.

7 Likes

Summerville resident here as well. Thoughts on Crowfield? I always leave that course frustrated after a round.

2 Likes

Played it in a 4ball qualifier last year. Was pleasantly surprised with the condition. Decent layout.

greetings. forgive me if this a faux pas, but I was wondering if there are any Bulls Bay members here that would have me out when I visit the low country in a couple of weeks - specifically 5/22. Im a Strantz geek and this one is still on the list.

1 Like

Def not friendly for losing balls. But for being public and amount of play, I like it. It is usually in solid condition. Starters out there are a bunch of sticklers though… to put it nicely

Buddy we’re all in here waiting on him or her to reveal themselves….

10 Likes

Lol, figured as much.

9 Likes

I’ll be staying at Litchfield beach with my family 5/21 - 5/28 and looking to walk 18 a couple times early morning. Anyone up to join? Targeting 5/23 - 5/27 morning specifically.