Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Any military guys on here that want to play Ft Jackson this weekend?

i’ll be there in december, if no one responds by then i’ll be glad to snag em

1 Like

I have a tee time at 12:44 at The Links at Stoney Point in Greenwood on Friday if anyone’d like to join

1 Like

A little bit of a drive but there’s three of us finishing up our CLC group play at Furman at 1:20 if you’d want to join that.

2 Likes

Hi all, I’ll likely be moving to the Charleston area in 2-3 months and was wondering what are the top 3-5 public courses that the locals consider to be the best / most enjoyable. I am familiar with the areas and have played the following courses, but i’m wondering if there are others that are not on my radar. Played: Kiawah courses (all 5 accessible ones), wild dunes, links at stono ferry, dunes west, patriots point, charleston national, and the muni. How are the seabrook island courses? What others? Thanks!

2 Likes

Do you want to come play golf in Pinehurst in October? Of course you do. We have open spaces for Vibestock on October 2nd. Add your name to the signup sheet in the post below. If there are no spaces left, the alternate list is moving quickly so there’s a good chance you’ll get in.

You can also win a FREE entry through our raffle. Details here:

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Hello to all the SC golf sickos out there. MN refugee here looking for a little advice on where to play during a trip this fall. Will be heading to Hilton Head with the fam in early October and staying on the island for 4 days, hoping to play a round or two on at least 3 of those days. Any advice would be extremely welcome!! We are willing to head off the island, but would like stay probably within 45 minutes, and ideally $150~ per round seems legit (however I do love a great strapped course, so if you know one in the area please throw it my way). I’d love to return the favor and sherpa anyone around if you’re ever up in the Twin Cities neck of the woods!

RTJ course in Palmetto Dunes and Hilton Head National in Bluffton are good.

Harbour Town is obviously the bucket-list course but will cost you more than $150 in October. The other Sea Pines courses should be closer to your budget.

Westin Savannah Harbor isn’t a bad drive and is great.

Most of the best golf in the area is behind gates, sadly.

If you know anyone at Long Cove, Colleton River, Chechessee Creek or Secession, jump on that.

1 Like

Echo what @Stephen said. I enjoyed Heron Point even with aerated greens in June. Old South wasn’t my favorite but seems to be well liked enough (not sure of price in October, but likely lower than $150).

2 Likes

My girlfriend is out of town and gets back Saturday afternoon. I’m wondering if anyone in the Columbia/Lex area has room for one more in the morning, would love to get out there!

I’m looking for a group to play Aiken Golf Club later in the afternoon 8/15. Will be in town for work and I can’t pass up the opportunity!

As an addendum, Doug Weaver at Palmetto Dunes is awesome if you want to schedule a lesson while you’re there.

1 Like

I have a 10:30 tee time at Orangeburg tommorow if anyone wants to join.

Little late, but what did you think of stoney point? I lived in Greenwood for a little over a year and that was my main course.

1 Like

I love it - it’s my home course. The course could be improved by removing exactly 8 trees, but that’s another story.

They’re hosting an AJGA event this week. It was in great shape!

1 Like

Curious - what trees are you thinking of? Also a big fan of the course. The young professional membership is a steal.

2 Likes

There’s one tree to the left of the 11 tee box that blocks you out from hitting the left side of the fairway. There’s four trees on the left side of the 12 tee box that do the same, and then two more on 16, where the fairway has that hard left-right slope. I’d love to take out the tree on the left side of the number 2 tee box too.

3 Likes

Need some urgent help: me and some homies were supposed to go to the RTJ golf trail monday-Wednesday this week- alas, there’s a tropical storm. Where could we go on the east coast - within 6 hours of greenville - and play a couple rounds on Tuesday Wednesday.

Looking for suggestions

Budget?

1 Like