Roll Call:Scotland

Elgin is a fun course. Grew up in Incerness so know your area pretty well. Happy to have along to Leven if your ever in the area :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Posted this in trip planning, but this also looks like a good spot: Iā€™m looking for some opinionsā€¦Lundin or Crail? Canā€™t book Crail until 7 days in advance for visitors so Iā€™m lining up some backups in case itā€™s full, but it got me thinkingā€¦should I just book Lundin instead?

1 Like

Iā€™m a big fan of Lundin. So Iā€™d go there over Crail. But both are solid.

2 Likes

Depends Crail Balcombie is a lot of fun. Quite quirky shorter and more traditional. Lundin has 14/15 very good holes both are sea adjacent. Lundin is probably my choice of the teo but cant ho wrong with either

1 Like

Will be in Edinburgh 18-21 May and looking to see if anyone wants to go in together on an old course lottery?

2 Likes

Singles queue is back on now so thats an option

3 Likes

Fantastic. Iā€™ll be there end of April and was hoping this would happen before then.

1 Like

Hey Iā€™m new to the refuge and based in Aberdeen šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁓ó æ. Keen to play heaps this summer and recently joined Cruden Bay GC so looking to catch up with other members :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Just joined the refuge after discovering NLU in the last couple of years. Based in Glasgow, playing at Mearns Castle which is a decent (and good value) 9 holer.

1 Like

Hey guys, pleased to join the refuge. Play at Panmure GC - if anyone wants a round let me know.

6 Likes

Hey @ScottishHacker @toestriker

@Wabinez / @The_Cad_Says will be in touch about the RACDG GB&I Roost, if youā€™re keen to join that. Lots of like minded golfers here in the UK (with a strong Scottish annex!)

1 Like

yes please @GripItandRipIt , I saw the NLU lads were in St.Andrews with a big crew. Sounds like fun.

1 Like

12 of us there now too.

Nice, if youā€™re heading for a pint in town let me know!

Wish Iā€™d known about this trip/forum before, would have made an appearance. Iā€™m playing the Eden on Sunday, looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hey Guys,

Iā€™m making a trip over from new Zealand for a couple of days and am really really hoping to play one or two of the courses in the area on 27th/28th of July. I would absolutely love to tee it up with a member of the courses, or a member of NLU if anyone is keen or in the area? Iā€™m around a 7 handicap so shouldnā€™t be too much of a pain to play with! Give me a yell if youā€™re keen and we can tee something up?

cheers,
Matt

Matt

2 Likes

Hi mate

Sorry I am rubbish at keeping up to date with this - our NLU roost (RACDG Europe) has a pretty strong Scottish Annex - loads of games going in the glasgow area and both coasts. Iā€™m at Cathkin, weā€™ve got people at East Ren, Drumpellier, Cawder, etc etc.

Drop me a dm if you want involved!

Cheers

@toestriker same to you too!

Hi has anyone played Dumbarnie Links? My father and I are going out there during The Open and are playingā€¦ Looking for tips and caddie recommendations. Thanks!

1 Like

Just messaged @mattwallbank directly, but figured Iā€™d post it here as well. Iā€™m coming over from the US with another buddy and have four tee times for four on July 27th & 28th. Matt has first pick for these, but would love to have anyone else join if youā€™re available.

They are:

27th - Kilspindie @ 10:32AM
27th - North Berwick @ 4:50PM

28th - Kingsbarns @ 8:40AM
28th - Castle Course @ 2:40PM

Please let me know if youā€™re interested and I can get you more details.