Roll Call:Scotland

If you pm @The_Cad_Says, he can add you to the whatsapp group. There is a scottish group with a few of us. I’m in edinburgh and play out at NB. There is also another member in the group who has just joined Burgess.

3 Likes

Hello! I’ve been lurking on the Refuge now for a while and finally made the leap into actually participating. Now living (and playing) in Dunblane, Central Scotland. Originally from Troon so my golf affinity is with the west coast but I appreciate a links course wherever and whenever, especially as I’m now landlocked.

2 Likes

Hi guys. New member here. I’m in St Andrews this week on a solo trip, and would love to grab a frosty pint or three with some other Refugers, if anyone’s around? I’ve already played Lundin, and will be playing Old, Castle and both courses at Crail before returning back home to Norway. Hit me up!

1 Like

Hi fella ,I’ve got my golf booked for the week unfortunately , Downfield wednesday , St Andrews Club Thursday medal on either The New or The Jubilee. Pubs are out for me for the foresable future I’m afraid .

Hope you enjoy your trip ,i’ve only seen The Dunvegan , One Golf Place , The Adamson and Brewdog open in St Andrews so far

1 Like

Thanks for the pub intel!

1 Like

Hey

Don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, but we have an RACDG chapter in the IK that covers most of Western Europe. We have members in Holland, Spain, Finland…

If you want to jump in you get invited to all our events which are pretty easy to get to with a cheap flight.

We also have about 25 members in Scotland so you can jump in to them to see who’s about for a game.

:slight_smile:

Hey man! Thanks, I would absolutely like to join the UK RACDG chapter! What do I need to do?

1 Like

I’m DM you…

Scotscraig is my favourite non open rota course and I’m up in fife the week of the 17th and would love a game if you’re around

1 Like

I really like Scotscraig. It’s wild and scratchy and really bloody hard.

Was a member there for 20 years and left last September never like to put a course down but its not in the best shape these days which is a pity as it was fantastic course

1 Like

Oh, the condition was appalling. Fairways were an absolute mess and the greens were the worst I’ve ever played outside a pitch & putt in a council park!

But I assumed they’ve just had a bad couple of years since 2018. It can take years to get over that without a lot of money.

A lot of mismanagement over the past 5-7 years a green keeper who is not up to the task basically ruined a class course.

One of my mates played it saturday said the greens were better but the rough is like jungle the tees and fairways a mess , sad times.

Much better value to be had in Fife just now

Is the green keeper still there? Surprised he hasn’t been replaced if that’s not the norm for the course.

He’s still there on his pedestal I’m afraid

That’s outrageous. If it was 2018 damage and they don’t haVe the resources, then fine. But if the state of the place is well beyond that it’s very sad.

It was well before 2018 I’m afraid they’ve lost a fair amount of members this year and hearing of more next year already , such a shame as it was a classic course

I loved it.

1 Like

Ahh the good old days of dodging shanks and neds at the Bruntsfield links.

Anyone for golf in the fife area over the coming few days? Desperate for a game