Roll Call:Scotland

Glasgow Gailes is very good value and an excellent course. Sadly im not about otherwise I would have arranged a game with you.
Kilmarnock Barrassie, Dundonald and Western Gailes are also superb in that vicinity.

1 Like

Moved back to Edinburgh a few weeks ago after 14 years in the U.S. Will likely play the Braids this year until I settle on a permanent location, but intend to do some travel throughout Scotland in the meantime.

Late notice but Iā€™m playing Dundonald links tomorrow currently as a single at 11:20AM. 3 spaces open if anyone wants a game!

Played today, the 11th is the best par 3 Iā€™ve ever played. With the ā€˜Devilā€™s Arseā€™ at the back

2 Likes

Braids was in superb nick when I played in August time

Team Scotland here. Doesnā€™t seem to be many of us.

Iā€™m from St Andrews but working in Edinburgh so spending a bit of time through there. Anyone on here from the capital?

Alright mate, similar situation - work Tuesday to Thursday in the capital. Was playing most of my golf at Merchants but packed it in for the winter

St Andrews resident?

3 Likes

Open Question/Request to any of you who are lucky enough to live in Scotland, especially those anywhere near the Fife area. IF you can procure a golf pencil from Elie and Kingsbarns, Iā€™d love to pay for the postage back to the States. Somehow I didnā€™t get those on my trip last summer and I am putting together a display of golf pencils from the courses Iā€™ve played.

Zero rush to this, of course, but if anyone can assist, I surely would appreciate it. Happy Holidays!

2 Likes

I can probably assist there.
Iā€™m an Elie member and reckon thereā€™s a Kingsbarns pencil in the house, somewhere. Or someone I know will have one.

1 Like

If any of you are interested in filling out a foursome,e at Muirfield on April 21, 2020 with @anon26814599, @BeenMacKenzied, and me please shoot me a DM. Thanks.

Thank you! Let me know if and when you have them, and Iā€™ll DM you the details and reimburse you for said postage. (And lucky you for being an Elie member. I recalled, and perhaps you responded to it, our memory of my buddy putting from twenty yards off the green to make a birdie on 18 and hearing, then seeing, the men inside the clubhouse pound the glass and stand in applause for him doing it ā€˜the right way.ā€™ What they didnā€™t know is that putt was the putt that had him break 80 for the first time as well!)

Yep, I remember you said that in the other Elie thread! Didnā€™t realise it was to break 80 though. Thatā€™s great fun.

Iā€™ve just found a Kingsbarns pencil upstairs but, ironically, donā€™t have an Elie one. Maybe thereā€™s a used one in my bag but Iā€™ll grab a new one when Iā€™m at the club next and then let you know.

1 Like

DM me address. I have a spare one for Kingsbarns I can fire off to you

Nandy mentioned it to me. Iā€™m kinda interested. Trouble is Iā€™m booked to drive 3 other people back down to London on the Friday. Iā€™m trying to figure out if I can be arsed to drive 800 miles round trip 2 days later. Or maybe the transport will get changed anyway and I can hang around. I canā€™t think what Iā€™d do in East Lothian for a weekendā€¦

@greebs
Just FYI - I havenā€™t had a chance to get into the starterā€™s hut yet, but will be playing a medal on the 18th so will try to get a pencil then.

Awesome, much appreciated!

Hey! Sorry - forgot to reply after I was in Elie last week. Iā€™m afraid there doesnā€™t seem to be an Elie or Golf House Club pencil at the moment. I went in and asked for one before my medal but it was just completely plain. Unless they keep them for the tourists.

Let me know if you still want me to send the Kingsbarns one (I have currently forgotten where I put it but Iā€™m sure itā€™s around here somewhereā€¦)

If itā€™s not too much trouble thatā€™s great. If thereā€™s no branded pencil for Elie, so be it! (and perhaps thatā€™s why I didnā€™t bring one backā€¦)

Any Edinburgh golfers? Just moved through permanently from St Andrews. Joining the Burgess in April but looking to get around and see some other courses.