Roll Call - San Diego

@ChrisG31 same goes to you, read my comment to @JoeyKnish above. We’re 2 from San Diego & about 12-15 guys from the LA/OC area.

1 Like

Hey fellas, glad golf is back in SD! I know it’s last minute, but Have a 722 time tomorrow at Torrey North. Looking for a fourth if anyone is interested. Let me know

Yeah too busy at work but thanks for the offer - but lets something up soon

Hey All-

I will be in san diego 7/8- 7/12 with a few buddies. We have rounds at Torrey north & south lined up on 2 of the days but looking for some other suggestions on where else we can play on the other days…also none of us have been to san diego before so any suggestions on cool things to do/ nice restaurants/ bars etc etc during our non golf time would be greatly appreciated!

ok good courses:

Maderas
Goat Hill

Let me think of things but you should def check out the beaches

1 Like

Aviara is a Pricey resort course but it is very nice. They play an LPGA tournament there every year. Only reason PGA isn’t there is length. It is a great course.

I am not sure if La Costa Resort is accessible any longer. It is a private but also a resort so you may be able to get on. They used to hold the TOC there every year (no in Kapalua). If you do try and get on there they have two courses and one is much nicer than the other, just forget the names of them.

Echo Goat Hill but know that it is a short course and a much different vibe then others. But it is awesome.

I will also think of some places and get back to you

1 Like

You can get on La Costa no problem, check underpar I think they have a deal right now for unlimited golf for a day. If they aren’t still running that check out any of the online tee time sites, you’ll find something good on there

I’ll throw Coronado in the mix, a great muni course with multiple holes running right next to the water

1 Like

@Rob_Roth hit the nail on the head with those two. Some of my other favorites include Arrowood in Oceanside, Coronado Island (can shoot around the shops and restaurants after) and there’s Balboa another muni in San Diego. As for shit to do, get fish tacos and good beer. Dogleg Brewing, Duck Foot, Kilowatt in OB and Societe should do the trick.

1 Like

Hi There,

Not living in San Diego now, but will be moving there soon. Was curious what the best deals on membership for a young person. Or just best deals on memberships.
Have reached out to SDCC thus far, just curious and looking for opinions.

1 Like

Where you moving in SD?

Probably not north of the Airport.

SDCC is your best bet then - but i know there are mens clubs at Balboa if you don’t want to make an big investment

Thinking about heading down to SD just to get away from LA for a weekend next month. Put together a list of courses I was looking to choose between, but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing any. Here’s what I have so far, any other suggestions?

Courses between SD and LA

Mt Woodson
Coronado
Bonita
Mission Bay
Balboa Park
Maderas
Aviara
La Costa

Courses in the SD Area

Torrey Pines
Arrowood Golf Course
San Clemente Municipal
The Crossings at Carlsbad
The Goat
Arroyo Trabuco
Talega Golf Club

Hey guys, I have a tee time for 4 at Admiral Baker North tomorrow at 11:30. Anyone interested in joining up?

Hey Ric, you already make your trip down? I’ve played most of the courses on your list so if you’re looking to choose between them I can make some suggestions. May favorite on your list is Crossings. Very fun track.

What part of town? Have you visited SDCC yet? It’s spectacular

I am part of the players club at Maderas, which you pay an upfront fee and then get a discount off on tee times.

I haven’t yet. But am Looking into them for sure… my only issue is i need to figure out a way I can not pay initiation since I will only be there for a year.

Kindof my dilemma with most places… probably going to require a bit of negotiating.

Depending on where I live they might be a front runner.

1 Like

Lots of clubs are doing a 12 month preview option where you don’t put anything down and you just start paying the monthly. I’m a member at SDCC and I can’t hype that place enough. The course is unbelievable and the greens are world class. Also the membership is top notch. The condition can be a bit spotty at times, and it’s defiantly more of a golf club than country club.

I was just out as a guest for the Billy Casper and you guys put on a heck of a tourney. Always a blast to play.

1 Like