Roll Call - San Diego

depends on where he is staying. It can be a nightmare with traffic though…

September 30th thru oct 6. Also is what is the best way to get a time at torrey, I know there is a online reservation system, but as a single could I just walk up or call ahead?

You can walk up but if you def want a time I would make a reservation. But saying that with the construction on the south there are plenty of times (2 holes are closed currently)

Do you know when construction is over? It would make my choice to play the north pretty easy then.

I don’t think until later this year which makes getting on the North harder. I would make the advanced tee time then

Just booked a last minute Labor Day trip with the family, staying in Mission Beach Fri-Mon. Not sure yet if I’ll have a pass to play any golf, but any recs for best place to sneak out for a quickish early morning or twilight round to maximize time with the family? Anyone around and up for meeting up if I’m able to get away? Would probably be Saturday or Sunday. Shoot me a DM if so.

Hey Team

Headed to SD for a work conference Sept 9-11, staying downtown near the convention center. Might have time to get 1-2 rounds in, thinking either TP South (obviously) or just staying downtown and playing Balboa park. Any others I should look at? Anyone want to play, maybe Wednesday afternoon?

Yeah we could set that up. TP south has construction on two holes so I would pass and play balboa instead. But I am game to play just let me know what time you’re thinking and if anyone else wants to join.

1 Like

Hey Rob, I’m thinking sometime next Wednesday late morning at Balboa? My flight out is at 6:15P on Wednesday, so I figure we’d need to be done by 330/4ish? You (or anyone else here) want to meet up to play?

Well, perfect timing. Looks like Balboa Park is closed for aerificaiton the 10th through the 12th. Any other suggestions for a round close to downtown & the airport?

I’ll be in san diego the 30th Sept-6th Oct looking to play Torrey during the week is anyone available? Ideally I’d like to play Oct 1st, currently there is a 11:58 tee time available on south for Oct 1.

I should be around to play - did you want to book it?

New to the Refuge so throwing my name in the hat for the San Diego roll call. North County resident, around a 17 hc, with plenty of time spent at the Goat. JC golf card holder too so looking to get some more rounds in before years end. Have a solid group of guys but always adding more to the family. Cheers everyone!

Welcome!

Sounds great lets get a game soon.

I’ll be in San Diego Q1 of next year. If I only have time for one round - where should it be? Torrey? Public or Private options both good to recommend. Thanks!

How many times do you come to San Diego? If this is a one and done thing I would do torrey just to check it off your list.

1 Like

Welcome! We should organize something in the near future @Rob_Roth

1 Like

What’s up everybody. SD born and raised, north county resident. Most of my buddies aren’t golfers so I’m looking to get involved with some of the guys from the Refuge. Happy to be here

2 Likes

Hey @JoeyKnish welcome! Some of us are in a whats app group with the LA guys. You can message @anon68983737 and he’ll add you. We try to play every once in a while together.

2 Likes

Hey hey hey! I’ve been in San Diego for two years but I’m just joining NLU and figured I’d give a shout out to the San Diego Roll Call. Live down in Kearny Mesa and golf all over. I’m a 16 HC and would love to meet some fellow golfers and beer drinkers. Cheers!

3 Likes