Roll Call - San Diego

Not sure walking there from the convention center is feasible. Maybe possible, but you don’t want to do that. hop in an Uber. You will thank yourself later.

its a large walk you might also want to look at mission bay or even the loma club

Thanks - I’m a hiker and a golfer, so the challenge of walking over, renting clubs, walking 9 holes and walking back is intriguing . . . but I appreciate the advice. Probably makes more sense to Uber. Is it a given that this is better than any of the par three courses?

That is going to be the closet one to you in Downtown. I don’t think it is the best San Diego has to offer, but for sure the easiest to get to for you.

Goat Hill would be the best, but it is an hour away from downtown.

Mission Bay is next closet after Balboa and is a lot of fun, in a cool spot. Also a City Owned course.

Loma Club isn’t too far from downtown and is a decent par 3 course with views of the bay and downtown.

Do they still have the Lime scooters everywhere? I took one of those from Little Italy up to Balboa Park a couple years back… it’s further than I thought it was going to be, but good fun, haha.

Executive course was fun enough, though I was hoping to play the full length place. Hired clubs there, too.

We have a couple more spots left if anyone can join us.

If anyone wants to come support Junior golf, sign up for our annual fundraiser golf tournament to support the high school team I coach. I promise you’ll have a blast.

Anyone made the trip south of the border to Bajamar? Reviews make it sound like this place has seen better days, but curious to hear whether it would be worth a day trip down from SD?

https://www.golfbajamar.com/golf/

I have a couple of times and really like the course and the people who work there.

Don’t expect a Hilton, its a laid back mexican experience and the course has awesome views right on the ocean.

1 Like

Hey yall, going to be taking a trip down to SD mid July. Unfortunately it’ll probably end up being on a weekend, but I want to get some recommendations on some of the best courses to play. I have played Torrey North, Mt. Woodson, and Tecolote Canyon the past. I would revisit Torrey north, but would like to get on the south course if at all possible.

Ocean adjacent is a plus, but I’m open to anything.

Furthermore, if anybody wants to get together for a round that would be cool too.

TIA!

Great month to visit. Once you get your dates figured out I can definitely make a tee time and would be down to sherpa you around Torrey North (tee times may already be booked depending on date it’s a madhouse), Coronado, or Balboa.

1 Like

I haven’t looked at the North course yet, but the South seems to be booked up.

I just dropped in here to see if any of you LowCal folks would be interested in playing July 4th weekend, as I’ll be down there by myself looking to get some rounds in. I already looked and Torrey is all booked up but I hear there are some other not-crap golf courses in the area.

I may try to book a twilight on Thursday at Aviara. Past that I haven’t decided anything.

Im showing a full slate of times July 2 and 3

I won’t be in town but some other SD fellas could probably help set a time up!

Weird, I wonder why I didn’t turn up anything when I looked?

Thanks though, definitely would love to launch em with any of you guys.

I can’t remember the timeline on it but I believe Aviara was doing some work after the tournament this year. Like they were going to close one hole at a time and thus one other hole would be turned into two par 3s or a par 4 and par 3 or something? Made me decide to look elsewhere for my upcoming visit.

When I tried looking at non-resident tee times in mid-July it didn’t show me any either… But when a resident tried to look for me, it was wide open.
They seem to be holding out on non-local players, at least in our collective experience

Bumping this to see if anyone has a better idea of their plans for that weekend yet and maybe available to hit some dingers

I have been trying to call Torrey Pines for a week, to no avail. Left voicemails, with no response. Some local refugees have been kind enough to book me with them for the North Course on a Sunday in mid-July, but I’m attempting to go play the following day on the south course… However, as a non-resident, the website will not show me any tee times for any dates. I know there are tee times available, because residents have looked for me and reported several open spots on my target date.

How does an out-of-towner get a tee time?!

https://foreupsoftware.com/index.php/booking/19347/1468?utm_source=app&utm_medium=mobile&utm_campaign=tee_times_button#/

If you don’t see it under the non resident reservation that means there aren’t any available for non residents and you might not be able to get it even if you called.

2 Likes