Roll Call - San Diego

Agreed Goat Hill will make you hit all types of different shots but its not a bombers course. If you want that try Torrey or even maderas.

You will prob hate Goat the first time you play it but after the first time you will see why so many people love it

3 Likes

Hey Guis, just moved to San Diego after 5 or so years in the Bay Area as a moderately active member of the RADCG up there. Have my resident card, but I am really struggling with where to play after the move. Have done a couple of afternoon Torrey rounds, gone and played under the lights at Mission Bay, and made the pilgrimage to the Goat.

So, If anybody needs a single to fill out a tee time I’d love to join to try and play some new courses. I play off of 6/7, prefer a walk, and try to play fast!

3 Likes

Welcome to Southern California! There is a whatsapp group you can get in for the lowcal chapter of RACDG. People have open spots all the time and fill them in that chat.

Message @Rob_Roth for info.

Where are you located? I can point you in the right direction for the next course to try.

2 Likes

Hey guys I just joined and can’t wait to see this thread and meet some great people and have some fun golf.

I loved it but gotta time it right or becomes a firing range from any direction hahaha wear a hard hat lol Great course and love the feel it has to allow kids to play the small chip and putt course. I take my God Kids there to get them out of the house

Thanks, I’m seeing reports that the goat might not be the most short hitter, directionally challenged friendly (wife) option. I’m really looking for something with some width off the tee and minimal forced carries. The more roll, the better. Anything like that around?

1 Like

admiral baker or even mission bay

3 Likes

Balboa 9 would be a good option too. There and mission bay you can spray it all over and find it most of the time

3 Likes

Agree with both previous recs. Will add Coronado, hard to get a time but checks those boxes. I would also throw in Oaks North if you are ok with an executive course. No par 5s but great conditioning and hard to lose golf balls, also shorter round (and early bird discount!) which is condusive to travel day.

Coming down to San Diego this weekend and was wondering if anyone has an extra spot at Torrey Friday or Monday? Please let me know thanks!

Also down to play anywhere in San Diego if theres room for 1

Is anyone playing Torrey any time soon? I have a request, if you do. I was given a golf course pencil display recently and I do not have my pencil from Torrey. If someone could snag one and DM me, I’ll give you my address and pay for shipping plus enough to grab a drink after the round. Any help is appreciated

I got you I live 10 min from it

2 Likes

Sharing for awareness. If you have not seen it yet, we have a meet-up at Santa Anita in May. Check it!

“The Horserace” A Southern California Roost Production Santa Anita GC - May 7th (Details Below)

Adding in the “finding your soule” at Soule Park event on 4/9 as well:

2 Likes

Hey all,
I’m flying to SD from Australia around mid August. Was looking to play a round or two (Torrey being one of them) Would love to have a Sherpa if anyone is interested.

1 Like

yeah there are a ton of us around, do you have a date in mind yet

We could get you a MGF skins came at Goat Hill as well if that is something you would want to do?

1 Like

Sign’s up close this Friday for the event at Soule Park!

So sign up if you haven’t as its well worth the drive from San Diego

Coming to town for a convention (Toxicology, nerdsville . . ) but expect to have free time Saturday and Sunday afternoons - March 26 and 27. Recommendations for PAR THREE courses within a reasonable Uber ride? Places that rent wedges and putters? Have limited time, will not drag clubs along, but to knock it around for fun., any Refugees who can advise, or even join me, let me know!

Might try to get out on the executive course at Balboa Park - looks like I can walk there from the Convention Center. Rent clubs there too. Would love to hear some chatter about this . . . .