Roll Call: Sacramento, CA tour sauce junkies....where you at?

I hear granite bay is really nice… Probably the second best CC in the Sac area after Del Paso. Apparently Del Paso is super nice but it is kind in a well weird spot. Do not know anything about Serrano and North Ridge unfortunately. Good luck in your search.

Nice thing is Sac area is alright for golf but you can go to Bay area and well pebble and all that.

Aso forget to mention +3 holy hell that is impressive!! If you meet the right people you can probably get on some incredible courses if you join a CC and have good pro.

Olympic club, SFCC, Cypress point, Monterey Peninsula CC etc. Let alone all the amazing public places we have in northern california.

Davis muni is great deal for what it is… Love wild wings how many 9 holes have that distance.
Let me know if you ever what in play a game.

1 Like

For sure! Wild Wings really surprised me but it’s a quirky place. The length is definitely nice to at least hit all of the clubs in the bag.

How do you like El Macero? I’ve played it a couple of times in some fundraising tournaments but haven’t gotten out there besides that.

I love it. I am on family under 30 membership in my wife name :). It surprising is not crazy amount. Was going to join yolo fliers club as I am in woodland. But could not turn down the offer.

The course is great. My wife is learning to play and the forward tees are perfect for her. Only one hole with forced carry for her. But the further you go back the harder it gets.

The slope of each tee is not to bad at all. But the course rating goes up quickly. The aggie tee’s which are not setup most of the time is super hard. Also really fun to watch both UC davis golf teams play. They are so good it is different game they are playing.

So easy to break 100 if your decent but breaking par is going to be hard.

Also welcome to come play any time just PM me.

That’s awesome! My wife learned how to play this year too so that’s why I’ve mostly stuck to Muni and Wild Wings.

I actually played Fliers last month for the first time. A friend of mine signed up for their summer deal ($400/month for a two month membership), which is a steal. I really liked the track but it’s a little out of the way.

I’m down to play anytime! I’ll shoot you a message next week and we’ll figure out a time to get out.

1 Like

Thanks for the intel.

Thanks man! Yeah I was able to play a lot of the bay area privates when I was there for around 6 years. Played in a skins game with some sticks who knew some people so I made my way to most of them.

Two weeks into snow in northern MN, can’t wait for my move to Sac next summer

1 Like

Davis GC is great! I’m playing there tomorrow with my girlfriend and my best friend.

If you’re playing to a +3, Del Paso would be the one. Vintage Donald Ross, hosted the Senior Open a few years ago. I’m more well-versed on the public scene, and if you’re going to be in Folsom, the hike up to Apple Mountain is absolutely worth it. If you want a challenge, head up to Auburn for The Ridge (RTJ) or Darkhorse (Keith Foster)

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve played Del Paso and it was a great test. The only issue for me there is proximity to home. Would like to be at club that is 15-20 min away at most so I can easily sneak out during summers. Otherwise it would be the go to for sure.

2 Likes

Rocklin resident here. I’d love to get out to Del Paso sometime!

1 Like

Yup. Year round golf. Winter can get very wet depending on the jet stream.

Cam Park is pretty good. Northridge recently renovated, so should be good to go. Old school design w/o much room to grow. Serrano is super pretentious and only an OK track.

1 Like

I’m down in Rocklin a couple weekends a month. So far have played Whitney Oaks, Empire Ranch, Diamond Oaks, and something down in Elk Grove. Any other decent options? Thinking Timber Creek next time I’m down maybe

Morgan Creek and Turkey Creek are a couple of decent options.

Front 9 at Turkey is great, back 9 is painful.

1 Like

If you guys ever want to come up to the Auburn area I’m a member at Winchester and could get a group of us out!

3 Likes

When I move out there I’ll take you up on that!

1 Like

Evening Sac crew - a few of us are organizing a local NIT qualifier for 2021. Happy to have any and all apart of the fun.

3 Likes

Yes please. Im so down for this. Tell me when and where and I will be there.

1 Like