NorCal 2021 NIT Qualifier - 3/7/21 (Post 55 for sign-up) [aka Chunks at the Chuck]

Please note, this is a super early planning stages event and not claiming to be a “Sanctioned Qualifier” yet.

Seeing all the fun go down in Jax Beach this weekend got us NorCal-ians dreaming of next year already…

This is the holding place thread for a proposed 2021 NIT Qualifier to be hosted in the Bay Area. The goal at this stage is to have a place to gauge interest and keep everyone informed as decisions are solidified.

Hosts / Organizing Committee:
@GremlinGolfer
@giles
@hwb
@fullbodyfix

Proposed Date: Quarter 1 / Last 2 weeks of February
Proposed Location: Corica Park South Course, Alameda Ca
Charity: TBD / Taking Suggestions
Scoring / Tourney Structure: TBD
Number of Qualifiers: TBD / Pending Approval / Details from NLU

Call to Action:
If you have a suggestion or want to be kept in the loop, simply comment in the thread and/or bookmark it for future reference. We’ll cross post to the local Roll Call threads - Sac, Bay Area & LowCal. Obviously, everyone / anyone who is willing to come out is more than welcome.

Here’s to 2021!

35 Likes

Let’s fucking go!!! So pumped.

3 Likes

Note to the players: you can also buy your way into the NIT like @anon47037505

8 Likes

Oh hellllll yea.

2 Likes

8 Likes

We like that!!!

3 Likes

In!!!

1 Like

MmmmmmHmmmmmm

1 Like

Sounds good.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great idea - definitely interested

1 Like

Definitely interested!

2 Likes

Road trip!

2 Likes

I think we could have a pretty good LowCal contigent show up.

2 Likes

We up here assumed that would be the case. In addition to the individual competition for the NIT spots, would be fun to do a side team competition between the two contingents.

Let us not forget we also have the par 3 course at Corica, too. Would be a fun way to end the day.

7 Likes

In. Would like to submit to the committee for consideration an email list for official communication. Splitting out the chatter from the most important communication is super helpful.

Or I can just figure it the fck out and read through everything. Thanks so much for taking initiative on this.

2 Likes

Yeah let’s go with that.

1 Like

I can create a Google Sheet to keep our personal emails off the thread, but want the communication to come from the official committee :wink:

I think this thread will suffice for now. We can go more official once we get more deets nailed down.

I think the most important thing now is to think about our charitable cause. Donate to a specific non profit? To a specific individual in need? Valley Children’s Hospital?

1 Like

Would you mind sharing this thread link on your roll call thread? Thanks man.

Is this an actual 2021 NIT sanctioned event or more of a “let’s call it NIT sanctioned and see if the KH 5 bite” type of gathering?

1 Like