Roll Call / Roost Sign-up --- Philly / DE --- The Electric Phactory

I’m sorry, did I miss a final version? Maybe I didn’t see it. Can you repost it?

No worries, it’s all good!

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks

Would love to see what your guy can come up with. Ben would look great with a pop of color and detail.

2 Likes

So I’m definitely not a graphic designer and I’m not trying to yuck anyone’s yum if we already decided, but I’m staying with the in-laws and my brother-in-law drives me crazy so I took a stab at an alternate logo. If someone had more technical skills and wasn’t a few glasses of wine deep I’m sure they could improve on it.

1 Like

Electric Phactorians, my guy has been working on the logo and this is what we have as a mock-up. What do you all think? Cool? Any tweaks? I think it’ll look dope on merch.

12 Likes

This looks pretty phreaking cool.

1 Like

Hi all! Newbie here trying to catch up on everything, but a basic summary on what this is all about and how I join this seemingly kick ass community would be super helpful!

I’m a 35 year old dad of 2 on the mainline in Wynnewood, PA trying to get back into golf after several years away. I grew up in NC playing some great courses. I moved to Philly about 7 years ago and haven’t played much since. Looking for a good core group to play some fun courses in the greater area. I just bought a new set of irons, so I have even more reason to play now!

Thanks and Happy New Year!

3 Likes

Loving the logo

Very impressive! Tweaks/would love to see what it looks like:
-without golfers club, electric phactory split top and bottom maybe?
-remove the underline from phactory
-a secondary logo of solo ben with the electrified club

1 Like

Impressive for sure. There’s a lot going on there though…just throwing my 2 cents in:

• are we set with the Swiss colors? I’m a fan of having the “official” logo B&W and then you can always have one off merch/styles (Swiss color version, Ben with Eagles jersey for playoffs, a red “P” for Phillies opening day meet up/FDR outing, etc.)
  • definitely an electric theme going on, but I still like @Flex single lightning hitting the club (not wrapped around it)…only change to that one would be to see if the bolt coming in from top left to bottom right as opposed to top right to bottom left looks any better…if that makes any sense)
  • My main “issue” with the OG logo was that we need Ben to look a little less like darth vader
  • And of course…I still have my fingers crossed for Liberty Bell tee markers but I think that ship has sailed

Welcome @philly.mike !

When you say “newbie here” you mean the Refuge in general or the Electric Phactory Roost thread?

As for this thread, check out the “2022 Refuge Roost” link at the top and if you’re interested sign up on the Google Sheet (which we need to update the name of). Don’t need to be a Nest member to join us for the outings/events we’ll start up in March :crossed_fingers:.

1 Like

OK, here are some point by point thoughts/responses:

-I did have him do a version without “Golfers Club” so I can still get a version with that. That was actually the first version that he did for me but I thought it needed more text to look good graphically so that’s what I came up with.
-The underline you are seeing is just a design guide there for this markup. It wouldn’t be in the final version.
-I can see about getting a solo Ben. But I only want to ask him to make all of these final versions (like a B/W one too) if we are going to use this. Otherwise, I’m asking him (and paying him) to do all of this work for nothing. So I’d love some more feedback from everybody and some direction on whether or not we are going to use this one, the original logo from a few weeks ago, or something else.

More thoughts/responses:

-I went with these colors because they are the colors of Philadelphia. And since other roosts were unveiling their web-ready logos, I wanted to do one with color. I also like the blue/yellow, I think it’s classic and looks great for merch (as opposed to something like the current Eagles-green which is just hideous). But I agree and love the idea that we use different colorways at different times. I’ll get a B/W version of the final logo if you all decide that you want to use this one. That will give us lots of flexibility. But I do think we need a stock colorway too and this one makes sense to me.

-We tried different versions of the lightning and we thought that this worked best. Everything else wasn’t working well.

1 Like

Hello All. Andrew here from Wilmington Delaware. New member to the refugee. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. 27 years old been playing for about 12 years now. Just looking to get out and play more in 2022 and meet some new people along the way!

First off, welcome to @philly.mike and @Andrew0914! Happy to have you both here. As mentioned above, please feel free to throw in your contact info in our Google Doc up above at the start of the thread if you haven’t already. We’ll be bringing out more information as it becomes available regarding our season-long format and course rota.

@teejay Appreciate the legwork you’ve done here. I think it’s great to have various avenues that we can go down, and this certainly could be the one we go with as our final design. I’ve got a few resources I’m working with as well to see what they can come up with and hopefully we can get a truly finished copy in here for everyone to view. That said, It’s entirely up to you and your wallet if you want to pursue that design with your former student or maybe just keep it on the back burner with those modifications in mind for a final design.

1 Like

Sounds good Vince! Welcome back to the fold, happy to have you!

Thanks @bobbyt990. New to the Refuge in general. Just signed up on the Google sheet.

Hey there. I used to be on The Refugee years ago. Maybe a different username? This one is saved on my phone. Anyways, moved to Philly area right before COVID. Looking for golf buddies. I live in Malvern.

1 Like

No worries, welcome! I’m right down 202 in Kennett Square. We’ll have some meetups scheduled, don’t worry!