Roll Call / Roost Sign-up --- Philly / DE --- The Electric Phactory

…also, not sure if there has been some agreement on a name but I was thinking that a fun Ben Franklin-related idea might be: Poor Richard’s Golfers Club

or some other riff on Poor Richard’s Almanack.

3 Likes

I love this idea!

I love this too. I played around in my head with “Fore” Richard’s GC or Poor Refugee’s GC but I thin Poor Richard’s is the best. I’d definitely be down for that.

2 Likes

Haha, loving the Poor Richard’s angle! I went ahead and submitted the application Friday night after we had that zoom call, so we’re in there as The Electric Phactory with @Flex’s Ben Franklin/Wayward Drive getting struck by lightning as our logo but we can always change things up if there’s an overwhelming call to do so.

2 Likes

I also think it’d be cool to incorporate the Philadelphia flag colors (think Sweden). I’m partial to that specific light blue but I also like the idea of using these classic Philly touches as opposed to like cheesesteaks and Wawa.

1 Like

I’m in Fair Haven NJ. Basically Red Bank if that is more familiar. Dead center of the state all the way east, almost equi-distant from NYC and Philly.

Do I just choose which Roost to be in? Be a double agent? Not welcome anywhere because I believe there is a central NJ and not just north and south??

All are welcome here. Once the 20 “official” regions are determined we’ll start ramping up planning/schedule. Maybe just see what regions schedule makes the most sense for you.

2 Likes

Mistype…10 regions.

I’m sure the NYC area will certainly be one, here’s to hoping we’re not geo-profiled into that band of hooligans :crossed_fingers:

Throwing this out there on this thread to get some local advise. “Good evening, I’m @bobbyt990 and I’m a golf-aholic. It’s been 22 years since my last formal club fitting.” Was fit for my DCI 990’s back in '99 and, well, let’s just say I don’t have the same swing plane, speed, body type, etc as I did back then. Keep telling myself I’ll upgrade when i start playing more but I’m a bit of a masochist and instead have dabbled in YOTB.

All that said, I think it’s time I get re-fit for my current “situation”. Not a member anywhere so just curious if anyone has had a good experience somewhere local. I’m in the Newark, DE area but work in Chadds Ford so anywhere within an hour drive of those areas is reasonable.

Yeah, it’s a bit sophomoric of me, but still, I’m happy to be post 69 of thread.

1 Like

I’ve had great experiences with Jim Yenser at Club Champion.

I worked with Steve Harrow at Club Champion in Bala Cynwyd and had a great experience. I’d highly recommend him. If you’re turned off by the costs at CC, use the specs to build through Discount Dan’s/other vendors.

Also went to Steve at club champion Bala Cynwood and had a great experience back in 2017.

Prior to last year, I had never taken advantage of a comprehensive fitting like that. It was great testing multiple head/shaft combos to find what worked. Even better to see those results translate to the course. He delivered for me. Longer and tighter dispersion.

2 Likes

I also have worked with Steve at CC in addition to Jim, and I would again.

Fairway Jockey did a build for me at roughly half the cost of CC, but for a single shaft or club I’ve used their in house builds as well.

I did the driver build through CC. Irons, definitely would use a separate vendor.

1 Like

I’m adding this from one of the other Philly threads:

Yeah, it’s nice to hear that we are official. Let’s do this, gang!

And as our first order of business I think we might have to consider banning @Randy for hurling The Battery Libel at us like some cheap 4th team Fox NFL color commentator. I expect better from the Big Guy than resorting to such lowest common denominator anti-Philly bashing.
Unacceptable.

4 Likes

Was planning to move down south early spring but the plans have since changed. May have to be part of the SC roost in years to come but for 2022 I’ll be in Philly. Pumped to be part of the group!

4 Likes

Welcome guys!!

3 Likes

Hey gang, I wasn’t sure where we are with a logo so I reached out to a former student of mine who is in college for graphic design and has a little design business going too. I asked him to work on a version of the Ben Franklin-Wayward-Drive-Lightning-Strike idea.

He’s a little backed up with work and the holidays but he said he’d get some mock-ups to me in two weeks.

I’ll share it with everyone when he’s done. And of course if other people are working on things and everyone would rather go in another direction that’s fine with me. He s a good kid and talented though so I wanted to give him some work.

3 Likes

Much appreciated @teejay! We already have the one that we submitted that @Flex designed but there’s nothing wrong with trying out a few different design ideas to see what really pops. Keep us posted.