Roll Call / Roost Sign-up --- Philly / DE --- The Electric Phactory

Agreed. This group isn’t really established yet, so true elimination formats could derail us from future iterations and community growth.

As far as submitting everything tonight, I don’t think that’s the best course of action. We’ve got three people who have voted on anything as far as name or logo goes, and I’d rather us take the next few days to really iron this out and come to a consensus. I’ve reached out to Thomas who handled the CLC Matchplay to get some insight as to how he ran that and also Double Bogey Dave regarding this deadline. We have until the end of the week, so let’s utilize that time and make sure we’re not inputting anything into this application hastily. We have the benefit of an offseason to really iron everything out, but I’m also not looking to submit something with TBDs. That will just look sloppy and won’t do us any favors.

2 Likes

Good to hear about the end of the week.

How does the quota system work? Accumulated points over the “season”? Do you treat it like handicap system (take your five best totals)?

The league I’m referencing was just a weekly cash game, so there were no season standings for precedent, but I would think either a running tally of points, or a point system on weekly finish (1st place - 20pts, 2nd -18, 3rd - 16, etc)

I just think it’s worth pulling from for A. The simple scoring and B. The organization of getting a group out to a course together.

Hey all, just updated with my info. Harris in line 29, I apologize as I typed over your refuge handle before my page had fully loaded. The undo feature didn’t work for some reason so that first refuge handle field is now blank for you. If anyone knows who that is by their name let me know and I can go back in and fix it.

dammit, who invited this guy?

oh shit, I did.

2 Likes

this is my first ever post but I’m from berks county and have been waiting for this group to pop up, excited to follow along and see whats happening

3 Likes

I saw that the Florida group is setting up a zoom call to intro their region. Do you think something like a townhall like that would be a good idea to help get the ball rolling on some of this stuff? I feel like that would give anyone who wants to give a contribution a chance to show up and have a word, but there doesn’t have to be waiting on additions to the google doc. I think at a certain point, it’s just going to be a matter of executive decision on some of this stuff.

1 Like

Completely agree. Tonight?

Just spent much more time than I should tapping into my artistic side. I printed out the wayward logo and taped it up on the window. Taped another blank sheet over it and traced it. Then freehand drew the Ben Franklin silhouette over top. Took a picture of it with the iphone and emailed it to myself. Then meticulously used Snag It editor to erase out everything but the logo. Did some formatting with the colors to get the full black and then added in a lightning bolt with shapes.

I present to you my final submission for the Philly and friends area Roost…

The Electric Factory

10 Likes

I don’t hate solo Ben either if we can land on a name

7 Likes

Flipping awesome!!!

Had signed up from a different thread but just going through this one now. Loving the ideas. I personally like the quota game with a top 5(give or take) average. This gives people incentive to go to as many outings as possible to have more shots at bettering their average, while still giving others who can only make a few events a chance at the leaderboard. Having two younger kids, it will be difficult to make it to an every weekend type thing. That being said, I am more interested in the comradery aspect that actually trying to win. So if people want the season long total, that’s fine too.

2 Likes

@Flex I’m here for it man, looks wicked! (And also, at a very quick first glance, Darth Vader)

2 Likes

@the.marc.christopher and @bobbyt990 I’m in for tonight, sounds good.

Anyone else interested in hopping on to hash out some of the final details is more than welcome to do so.

Yeah I’m in for tonight

1 Like

I set up a Google Meet for 8pm tonight. We can always adjust if need be, but I feel like it can be kind of an open house vibe. I think a good jumping off point for anyone jumping on would be to bring to the table what you are looking to get out of the Roost.

Philadelphia Region Roost Town Hall Meeting
Friday, December 3 · 8:00 – 9:00pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/pfu-pgva-jrm

3 Likes

I’ll be at 5iron (Grueter weekend warmup wooo) but will pop in for sure!!

1 Like

Checking in from Bucks, the idea of a season long quota format sounds like a lot of fun. Just my $.02

3 Likes

Giddy up man, we’re here for it!

Make sure to get your info down on the google doc when you get a chance.

Late to the party, just signed up and am pretty stoked about this. The Steeplechase was a blast and if we can capture the spirit and vibes of that day, this will be pretty rad.

Thanks to everyone who has put in the work to get this rolling. I’m happy to help in ways that don’t involve spreadsheets.

2 Likes