Roll Call / Roost Sign-up --- Philly / DE --- The Electric Phactory

@MikeRevak
@sjdowne

I’m not sure you want the Philly Roost’s take on Inniscrone…
We did an event there with some fairly blustery conditions. More than a few have sworn to never go back.

2 Likes

Hahaha. Understandable. In mild conditties, could one ascertain that it could be worth at least one visit?

I honestly never need to play there again.

This may or may not have to do with the asinine forward tees on one hole that made you have to “punch out” sideways to the fairway FROM THE TEE BOX in order to have a shot at the green.

Oh and that downhill par 3 on the front.

And losing too many balls.

:joy::joy:

8 Likes

Quick Sleeve National

11 Likes

randyfuckingsick.gif

3 Likes

Wow…

I might need to play there just to see this punch out tee shot. I am fascinated.

They had these tees no where near what the card yardage or tee markers said they should be.

It was absurd.

8 Likes

I mean, doesn’t every amateur golfer (assuming your golfing status here, sorry) have a massive 50 yard hook in their arsenal?

3 Likes

I was about to say - looks like it set’s up pretty good for me :grimacing:

In actuality that is one of the mot insane things I have ever seen on a golf course @ChickPhilA

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s for sure an interesting place. I made a point to have an event there seeing as it was the first place to give me a shot in the golf industry after I left Lowe’s, but it was in roughhhh shape that day. If you’ll be up in that area, I’d definitely recommend Wyncote, that’s a pretty sweet track.

7 Likes

Bonus points if you hit an Amish buggy on hole #13 at Wyncote

4 Likes

Just was out there last weekend. It’s in prime condition and greens are R-O-L-L-I-N-G.

5 Likes

That is a world class level of boned from that tee box!!!

@sjdowne

According to the scorecard, they should have been literally back another like, 150 yards, just in front of the blue tees. that tee box was actually allowing you to hit it out like normal into the fairway for a dogleg left.

Instead they were where the red dot is here!

1 Like

Did this hole play as a 150 yard par 4 where they just figured we can force it to play as a par 4 if they need to punch out off the tee box?

Yep! Still a par 4, and I still fucked it up royally. It really messed with my head - I didn’t understand why they had the tee markers way up and in the left rough!! It was a mess!!

1 Like

I played Inniscrone long before my knowledge of architecture. I could see if you wanted to play it to see Hanse’s early work, but other than that I’d name at least a 1/2 dozen courses I’d play before there, especially if you are driving from kinda far.

3 Likes

As @MikeRevak mentioned, Wyncote is much more worthy of your time if you’re coming up from Baltimore. Others courses of interest would be Glen Mills, and maybe Broad Run in there too.

3 Likes

Appreciate all the feedback and insight!! I think we’ll pass on Inniscrone. Might head a little further west and hit Links at Gettysburg!

EDIT:
We have one spot 8am tee time if anyone wants to join us.

5 Likes