Roll Call: Rhode Island

Brutal. I avoid Triggs at all costs during the weekend… excruciatingly slow.

Yeah pace was just absolutely brutal. It’s a shame because it’s a fun track and decently priced. But I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone really.

1 Like

I could take a group out at Sakonnet on the afternoon of the 6th or anytime in the 7th of August

Very much appreciate this offer and would take up most times, but cannot on those 2 dates. Have fun - awesome time of year - and mid week even better. Hope somebody joins @tuNfloG

Appreciate the offer, I wish I could. I took the wrong week in August off apparently lol. I won’t be able to get out of work either of those days unfortunately. Hopefully another time in the future! :pray:t2: Have fun!

Generous offer @tuNfloG, I also am unable to play those days due to work but enjoy the day if you get a group together.

I’ll be back either later in the month or in Sept. today I start a great 5 day run of golf with Pld Sandwich today, Wanamoisset tomorrow, Kittansset on Thursday, Newport CC on Friday and Sakonnet on Sat. I’m so excited for these epic courses

3 Likes

Okay. So heading up to RI this weekend. Friday is “golf day”. Struck out with our club pro getting us on anywhere at late notice. What’s a good public track to check out. We’re gonna be in south Kingston.

I’m thinking triggs (because Donald and it’s not a weekend) but also north Kingston muni is close.

I’d take a drive up to Providence, play Metacomet, eat dinner at al Forno

Metacomet used to be private, but they are accepting public teetimes now

6 Likes

Seconding Metacomet. Should play fast. North Kingstown is flat out bad. Triggs is just rolling the dice on pace of play

2 Likes

Fantastic. Booking now. Thanks fellow refugees.

If you guys end up not booking a time at the Met, let me know. Happy to have you guys join me for a round at my club, Valley CC. Nothing special but it was designed by one of Donald’s protégés so it has a lot of his classic design elements.

1 Like

Lucky man being a member at Valley. Always heard fantastic things about it. Andover, another one of Follet’s is awesome.

Appreciate it. We were able to grab a Metacomet tee time. Looking forward to the day off!

1 Like

Let us know how you enjoy it. Could be the best deal in RI currently.

The prepay discount took it down to like $112 for a twosome total. Insane! Can’t wait.

1 Like

Metacomet is better, but Agawam Hunt also has times available on GolfNow.

1 Like

Update. Just made the turn at Metacomet and it is just lovely here today. These greens here are so fun.

Off to hole 10!

9 Likes

Hey all,
I just joined the Refuge so perhaps this isn’t the best place to ask this question but are there any courses in and around Newport that are open during the winter?
I am likely spending a weekend in Newport in late January early February and hoping to get a round in if possible.

Thanks!

I believe Montaup is open year round (weather dependent). It’s semi-private.

1 Like