Roll Call: Rhode Island

Montaup is a great track, my sleeper favorite in RI. Nice views on the back 9

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks guys for the input. The trip is still up in the air as obviously the weather will be but I will give a shout out if I can swing it and anyone is up for some winter golf.

Green Valley in Portsmouth is usually open year round too. Montaup is better but GV can play long if it’s windy and it has some quirky but fun holes. The RI Open was held there this summer. Give me a shout if you make the trip, I’m 15 min from Newport and play year round, weather permitting.

1 Like

Cool, thanks. I will probably only be able to get 9 in (it is a weekend getaway w/ the wife) but if I can make it I will give a shout out.

Anyone know of good indoor or other winter practice options around Providence?

Newport Indoor Golf (www.newportindoorgolf.com) is decent, they use the latest Trackmans and have 5 large bays, couches, etc. A little pricey though at $50/hour. Lots of courses or just a driving range option. A new place in Cranston called VGolf (www.vgolf365.com) opened this year but I haven’t been there yet. Those are probably your best options in the Providence area.

1 Like

Atlantic Driving range in Attleboro - It’s not indoors but the heaters aren’t too bad and its tolerable

Group coming together at Metacomet on Saturday. 23 people in so far. Anyone else want to join? Also, there’s a New England regional WhatsApp that y’all should get in. DM me.

Grew up and live in Warwick. Hoping that in a few months, snow and freezing cold is gone and we could throw something together. In the meantime, Newport Indoor Golf is the only saving grace

Does anybody in here remember the dome off of Bald Hill Road? For some reason today (probably because it’s so cold and golf season seems sooooo far away) I randomly remembered that place. That place was awesome.

Yup, I remember that place… my dad used to go there in the winter. It was before I got into golf though.

Newport Indoor Golf is sick. Max is a great dude. vgolf365 has inferior technology and you come out of there smelling like a pack of cigs.

That place was the best. The sound of smashing a driver or flushing an iron sounded crazy in there. Its too bad a storm collapsed it. Loved the tiny little sand trap off to the side as well.

Played Metacomet last weekend and the greens were in great shape for it being February. $45 to walk. The entire course was in great shape for winter. The RIGA has one of its first tourneys this year at Metacomet and Wanumetonomy (Raynor design) so I’ll probably be playing Met quite a bit leading up to it. Me and another buddy are die hards and play whenever possible even when it’s cold AF. Hit me up if anyone in southern MA, CT or surrounding areas wants to join us for a round.

5 Likes

My kinda guy! Played Metacomet a few weeks ago for the first time, it’s an absolute blast. Can’t wait to get out there again

we are looking at both Sunday and Monday for some combination of Marion and Metacomet! played 4 (maybe more?) rounds at Metacomet in January, lol, awesome.

we had a 16 person meetup there on jan 4!

I’m potentially in for either or both. Probably both.

yeah you’re in the group chat now, right? thats where we plan it

Yep, just joined.

1 Like

How do I get in the chat?