Roll Call: Pittsburgh and Western PA

Likely making the trip solo, but playing with an old college friend that lives out there.

2 Likes

For anyone signing up, you will love the place. Fox Chapel is an absolute gem.

3 Likes

100%, place is so so good.

Price point scares me away but this event looks awesome.

Thatā€™s where Iā€™m at. On the fence, but going to decide soon as I imagine this will sell out.

For those that have played it, is Fox Chapel fairly walkable? I know a lot of Pittsburgh courses are brutal walks. Signup says it includes a cart, but Iā€™d much prefer to walk a course this special.

Very walkable. Doesnā€™t have nearly the undulation and hills that many PGH tracks do.

Itā€™s absolutely worth playing and doing this event, just not for me given Iā€™ve played it.

The template holes, well of them really, are all :pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Very walkable and I think adds to the experience and charm of this type of course. Thereā€™s a few steady uphill walks (#9 and #16 come to mind) but nothing that is too terrible.

7 Likes

The hardest walk on the property is getting out of the dip on the green on the biarritz #17

6 Likes

I also did not realize it was such a far drive until after signing up. I am used to thinking itā€™s 2 hours away from growing up in Cleveland. I may need to try and make this a multi-day adventure. So who has Oakmont connectionsā€¦

5 Likes

Still working on getting Ed Stack to join the Roost, sorryā€¦

3 Likes

US Open at Oakmont in 2025. Anyone coming to Pittsburgh that wants some help finding some courses to play or people to play with let me know. I would consider myself the king of ā€œStrappedā€ golf in the area.

6 Likes

Yeah! We have our Incline Club Roost and a community of golf sickos that span the gambit of St. Rappeo followers up to C-Suiters. Hereā€™s the WhatsApp link to join and Iā€™ll add you to our Refuge Group too:

1 Like

Whats your most strapped course because I am interested in making a challenge for this crown!

1 Like

Be careful with these challenges!!!

Gotta be the Bob

1 Like

exactly!

Still wouldnā€™t mind if we could move it over to Slack from WhatsApp, butā€¦ Iā€™m perhaps the only guy saying that, and Iā€™ll do it once a year or so only. :smiley:

1 Like

Some of yinz in Pittsburgh didnā€™t grow up playing Windy Hill or Maple Crest and it shows

Are you in the WhatsApp group? Personally Iā€™m not against switching to slack or discord cause I like the idea of having channels within the group but thereā€™s already like 60 people in there so donā€™t want to kill momentum with a new app.

Nope. I donā€™t use WhatsApp, hence my request. :slight_smile: I asked last year, and might once a year (or maybe itā€™ll just be these two times). I donā€™t expect a change, but I would like it if they did. :smiley: