Roll Call: Pittsburgh and Western PA

Okay. :rofl:

My friend that was with me though hit a huge block slice on that hole. It was heading right for the employee parking lot, which was packed since it was the club championship day. Well there was a guy on a smoke break that saw it coming after we yelled, ā€œforeā€ and he ran and spiked it away from the cars back into play just off the fairway. We tried to go talk to him to make sure he was okay but he just kept walking afterwards to go back to work. It was wild, I canā€™t imagine how bad it hurt the rest of the day. Haha

2 Likes

Incline Club only has one representative as of today. If anyone else can make it, please sign up this week. Giving back times to the course on the 9th.

1 Like

Gave back Mill Creek times today. If anyone decides later this week to join, the times I gave back in the AM (South course) were 7:42 and 7:51. PM times at North course are 1:42 and 1:51.

I would join but I have my member-guest this weekend. Sorry!

A coworker of mine is headed this weekend to a PA course Iā€™m kind of shocked Iā€™ve never heard of. Is anyone familiar with Hunterā€™s Station near Tionesta? Looks like a fun little course with some on-site lodging. Views around there could be awesome.

I played it once in high school (2010). It was fine in terms of conditioning and had some some weird holes, but itā€™s a very scenic and cool area, especially if youā€™re into hiking, camping, or other outdoor activities!

1 Like

Not far from me at all. A lot of people play it for ā€œthe most downhill par 3 in the worldā€ but otherwise itā€™s pretty much your standard run of the mill rural course with some cool views.

2 Likes

Neat little place. Course owner was the designer. The front is on the side of a mountain and the back is by the river on a very flat piece of property. Your typical tale of two nines like most of the areaā€™s courses have. Great little bar and restaurant on property.

1 Like

The food gets excellent reviews. I drove back and forth from Delaware to Erie probably 4 times a year for 8 years. Iā€™d drive different routes to find new golf courses. Canā€™t believe this never showed on the radar.

Buddies go there for 3 days in spring. I been there 2 times. As they said play up the side of the mountain then the par 3 down it. Who knows what distance it will play that day lol. Back it flat and along the river. We stayed in the 2br places upstairs very nice. Course had to do some redisgn on one hole i think when the bridge was fixed. Weā€™ve always enjoyed it. The course conditions are ok. Nothing to write home about but the stay and okay prices are very good. And canā€™t beat just drinking and walking home. Thereā€™s a bar or 2fairly close. One called the nuthouse or something about nut. Lol.

2 Likes

Anyone from around here has likely seen the news of the home explosion in Plum Boro on Saturday. I was playing my home course which is probably 4 air miles away and heard the explosion clear as day. Pretty close to where I live also. A guy on one of the local Facebook groups is putting together a raffle to assist the families affected. I got a foursome donated from where I belong and figured Iā€™d throw it out here in case anyone is interested.

6 Likes

Hey everyone!

As most of you know, I coach the Pitt-Johnstown Menā€™s Golf Team. We are having a fundraiser golf outing at Chestnut Ridge Resort in Blairsville, PA on the Toms Run course Saturday September 30th. We are still looking for teams to register for the event so if you could all spread the word - it would be greatly appreciated!

[Registration Link]

(https://www.alumnionline.pitt.edu/s/1729/2-pittsburgh/interior.aspx?sid=1729&gid=2&pgid=6412&fbclid=PAAaYtY6L_CcKMW9iisjwti7OJetOHNA_LHjlGZwUG0Fx5G1Z43aDBMsZlt48_aem_AZz_ztfAYxfwpli0x-scJd4x4uZ2zxP6lL4zoDKBhKNih3R-ic_XR5ZbRlsIUBPFqp4)

3 Likes

As the season winds down some of the folks in the WhatsApp wanted to have a little silly season event The Battle at the Bob.

We are going to play 18 holes at the Bob Oā€™Connor golf course on Sunday October 22nd (tee times tbd). The format will be a 2 team event points to be awarded based on matches. The matches will be 6 holes of best ball, 6 holes of alt shot, 6 holes of scramble. We will pick teams once we have info on handicaps in hopes of preventing a blowout at the Bob.

3 Likes

hell yeah

Hey everyone! We are doing a live online auction for the UPJ Golf Team as a fundraiser. There is a lot of nice courses on here and some Pitt basketball tickets as well if any of you might be interested in bidding!

Courses include: Omni Bedford Springs, Olde Stonewall, Indiana CC, Totteridge, Ligonier CC, Windber CC and Latrobe CC

Auction Link

1 Like

Has anyone played a Keystone Collective event before? Through our interactions on IG DMā€™s the guy that runs it seems cool. Strongly considering this one. Anyone already planning on playing?

3 Likes

I signed up for it. Iā€™ll be coming from eastern PA. I was/ still have serious FOMO from not going to the Scranton one last year. I ended up playing with someone who was at it and said it was a lot of fun.

I have also interacted with the guys and have some merch and they have been super nice. Looking forward to the event (plus it is on my birthday).

2 Likes

Have not played one of their events before but will be making the trip out from Philly for this one. Looks like I wonā€™t be the only one coming from the East side of the state.

3 Likes

Hell yea Tibbs! You going solo or others joining you?