Roll Call: Pittsburgh and Western PA

Dang, as long as I’m not working you can pencil me in for next spring. Think I have another guy from work that would make the trek with me as well.

1 Like

I might just get crazy and take Thursday off to go play it because I can’t stop thinking about Cincinnati. Would you be able to get up there Thursday during the day? haha

I think they’re calling for close to an inch and a half of rain Thursday, but I’m not afraid of getting a little wet.

you’re right, just checked the forecast and 100% chance of rain…

probably not a wise choice I’m afraid.

Naturally on my day off…

you hate to see it. I’ll keep an eye on the forecast, and if it seems to get better (we all know it won’t) I’ll give you a shout!

Sounds good!

Driving from Pittsburgh up to Rochester, NY on Friday (11/29); returning Monday if anybody wants to meet up for a game on the way to or fro.

I finally created a refuge account after following NLU for the past couple years and this board since summer. Soly’s tweets and then the podcasts drew me in especially that first Rory interview. I’m from the SE Pittsburgh area.

2 Likes

Welcome - I’m from Buffalo but make it down to Pittsburgh when your places are open and mine aren’t. Will post here when I do!

1 Like

I’m from Erie - how far south do we need to go to find a course in halfway decent shape in Jan/Feb?

I’ve done Pittsburgh in that time frame, but it’s rare. Baltimore?

Baltimore isn’t really close to Erie. It takes almost as much time to get to North Carolina as Baltimore.

Ryan, you know we’ve had days in Erie where we can play in January. Though, usually, southern Pittsburgh is okay sometimes. The trouble isn’t always the weather, it’s what courses see fit to open up.

1 Like

Hmm…I lived in Baltimore area for 3 years after college…I should remember - but I don’t! Maybe we need to cross post it over somewhere else to get feedback!

I watch the weather on my app all winter in several reasonably close cities looking for 40+ degrees, low wind, and has been dry for a few days. I have an annual goal of playing every month and I’ll be all over these roll call threads looking for a doable road trip.

Cranberry area. I mostly play Hartmanns Deep Valley as it’s cheap and walkable.

2 Likes

I live in Zelie, going to try to play Hartmann’s this Sunday if it isn’t completely underwater.

Is that a course that typically opens up during the winter months?

Being up in Erie I’m not opposed to traveling, but sometimes I don’t even know who to call to see if they’re open.

My in laws live in Erie. Beechwood is open year round.

I think it’s open for dining and the simulators they have during the winter… and for play if you want to play Beechwood. :slight_smile:

1 Like