Roll Call: Pittsburgh and Western PA

I am actually playing rolling rock on Monday. First time ever so pumped!

1 Like

Iā€™ll be back next weekend for another family trip!

Youā€™ll love it. Front nine is your traditional old school donald ross and the back nine is a whole different setting being on a hill but also very different architecture. #11 and #12 are a little funky but I love #10 and #15. Front nine has a whole is incredible, greens move A LOT. #3 in particular.

1 Like

Played Rolling Rock today and wow! Course was in great shape, rough was thick, greens were fast and tons of movement in them. I was warned and still didnā€™t play enough break.

My Top 10

1. Sunnehanna (only because you can walk)
  2. Rolling Rock
  3. Old Bedford Springs
  4. Hannastown
  5. Mystic Rock
  6. Olde Stonewall
  7. Latrobe Country Club
  8. Ligonier Country Club
  9. Willowbrook
  10. Totteridge
  11. Latrobe Elks (home course)
3 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it!

Hopefully I can figure out a day we can get a few of us out there in the fall.

4 Likes

Hell yea! Let me know. I live in Latrobe and teach in Ligonier so just let me know! It was sooo pure!!

Anyone looking to play Friday? Iā€™m off work but home course closed for member guest. Canā€™t not play right?

I played it a couple of weeks ago. Iā€™ve played everywhere in Western PA but I had never played there. It was incredible. Spot on about the break. The greens were tough, especially the old nine. Iā€™d love to play it again some day.

1 Like

Is there a WhatsApp or Discord for the Pittsburgh western pa group? If not happy to start one since thatā€™s how most of the random tee time filling and small meet ups happen in some other more active regions.

6 Likes

There isnā€™t but Iā€™d be in for that

Well it helps a TON in Baltimore and DC with #gettinginvolved. So here is the link to one I made, and named it Yinzers who donā€™t lay up, but just a naming luanch point. WhatsApp Group Invite

3 Likes

Newcomer here. Iā€™ve been binging the Nest podcast and am craving a Pittsburgh Roost - just threw my info on the google sheet. Would love to tee it up with others in the group here sometime.

6 Likes

Best spots to play in the fall around 7 springs resort? Going to Omni springs mid October but looking for 1-2 more rounds to play.

Are you talking about the Omni Bedford Springs? Or 7 Springs? They both have Golf Courses.

If you are at 7 Springs then Hidden Valley is a pretty close course.

Staying at 7 springs but driving to Bedford springs for a day to play the old course.

If you want something scenic for the fall, Northwinds Peninsula Golf Club should be about a 50 minute drive. Surrounded by trees it should look beautiful in October. Itā€™s also Arnold Palmers first design and can be a challenging course if you donā€™t keep it in the fairway.

Clearly youā€™ve never played with Mr. @Browcoww77. My man drives it up a gnatā€™s ass.

1 Like

Well thatā€™s good because this gnat has a pretty tight ass

1 Like

Peninsula Club is insanely tightā€¦

I would avoid the hidden valley course. Itā€™s an overpriced poor conditioned mountain course

Yeah, I played hidden valley maybe 7-8 years ago and planned to never go back. I think I am going to go with 7 springs, omni bedford springs old course, peninsula, and Donegal Highlands Golf Course.