Roll call: Phoenix/Scottsdale

If you want a C suite dinner I would suggest city hall in scottsdale. Shrimp cocktail on dry ice is amazing and huge. Any kind of steak you can possibly think of and the highest quality. Cougars will be hangin out in the bar area.

1 Like

C Suite dinner I would recommend is Buck and Rider. Just opened a Location in Gilbert, which is why I’m mentioning it. I believe there is one in scottsdale too They fly their fish in daily. Amazing seafood, and i hear the steaks are good too.

2 Likes

The true C Suite dinner is at Restaurant Progress in Melrose.

Would also add Persepshen to the list of restaurants. Chef’s menu type place that always slaps. Some of the best dishes I have ever had have come from here.

Mekanzies midtown is my favorite bar. Really good wings and fries.

Will also second or third Buck and Rider

2 Likes

Cafe Monarch is my C suite spot. Once you have Wagyu pastrami or their charred octopus, dear Lord.

Also fantastic for any vegetarian/pseudo vegetarian folks like my wife.

2 Likes

Hey guis!

As a former Phoenix resident, I bet you’re waking up right now and thinking “it’s gonna be 110 fucking degrees again today?” If you’d like to beat the heat for a September weekend, I’d love to invite you to play up in Minnesota’s Roost Major, the North Star Shootout.

The idea is we’re renting out a golf course for an entire day to play 36 followed by some free-for-all golf. We’ll also have a big contingent playing golf and enjoying a few beverages across the twin cities the day before.

If you like golf, internet friends, and September temperatures of 72 degrees, we’d love a chance to earn your business. Looking at you, @Jpop942

Details below

7 Likes

As much as I’d love to make this work, September is the busiest month of the year at work. Won’t be able to make it happen, which I’m quite bummed about.

2 Likes

Hello fellow phx/scottsdale refuge members. I just moved here a few weeks ago from DFW. Do not let Texans know this place is much more pleasant in the summer :).

The DFW members have a discord server where everyone talks locally and sets up weekly games or if someone is trying to play there are always people looking to play. I was wondering if there was anything here like that?

7 Likes

Welcome, Matthew! We have a bit of a smaller, quieter crew than some other regions so we have kept everything on this roll call thread. It’s been quiet this summer but things should start to pick up as our Roost season has started this month. If you’re interested in being a part of that, check out the Dry Heat thread for format details. Games/tee time openings will be posted on this roll call thread though. Looking forward to teeing it up with you in the future.

3 Likes

Anyone looking to get out next Friday morning? Flexible on location and looks like times are still pretty open at most places

1 Like

Anyone want to play this Saturday at Stonecreek 7:42am? One spot opened up with @chearnen13 and me

I’m in if you haven’t filled @JosieWon.

All yours, reservation under Karem

1 Like

Just a heads up that they’ve been doing a lot of work this summer cleaning up the brush in the wash that splits the course. It was pretty rough when I played there in June, but hopefully its gotten better over the last month or two.

Talked to shop. I’m in. Looking forward to it.

I live near there and haven’t played but it sure looks a lot more appealing than it has for many years.

Same here. Easily the closest course to where I’m at, but I almost never play there. That is what lead me to play it back in June. Hoping I caught it at its worst as they’re putting in the work. Curious to see how it is for the crew tomorrow.

Well Cade had something come up and can no longer play, have one spot now if you or anyone else is interested!

I have some meetings booked in the morning or else I would be in. Unless you’re a masochist and want to play around noon.

1 Like

Still under construction in some places, but overall decent conditions. Greens were in good shape and that’s all that matters.

3 Likes

Good to hear!