Roll call: Phoenix/Scottsdale

I would recommend Gilbert if you are truly cougar hunting. If you are looking for a great time do Old Town Scottsdale or Downtown Phoenix. Will also volunteer to golf and grab some dinner and drinks any of the nights.

If you are looking for specific dm me or ask here and I can give lots of details. But there is so much to do in Phoenix in October it’s peeeek.

You for AZ Fall League, beautiful patios, plenty of small venues for music.

2 Likes

Through my rose-colored Chandler/Gilbert upbringing, seeing Old Town Gilbert explode with bartenders and bottle service girls of high school classmates who never left town… all of the above statements are accurate.

I hope to be around that week, just depends on Brewers/TBS postseason length

7 Likes

Looking to get a round in on July 5th if anyone is interested. Dobson has a bunch of times in the morning.

1 Like

Highly likely to be in on this idea. Will confirm tonight.

2 Likes

Love to be. Think I can make it work.

1 Like

Awesome, I just booked an 8:09am foursome so keep me updated and good luck. Flexible on the time too, there’s a lot of availability. Tentatively one spot open if anyone else wants to hop on.

Just checked pricing for fun. $169 per night after code!

*insert wolf cries

2 Likes

Guys we might need to rig that huge bucket

1 Like

I have paid so much more than $169 a night at the Great Wolf Lodge unfortunately @3PuttKing. Like so much more. You can’t forget your wolf badge and add one brother!

Or grab an AirBnB with a private pool and actually enjoy your time here.

If we rig the bucket we might go full “Brick killed someone with a Trident.”

1 Like

Anyone want to play on the Fourth? I haven’t booked anything but seeing plenty of openings.

1 Like

I’ll play!

1 Like

Thursday July 4 at 9:48 am at Dobson Ranch. Two spots available to join Trevor and me.

1 Like

Hey! New member, long time listener and looking for other golf sickos to play with. I’d be really keen to play Dobsons on the 5th!

3 Likes

Last call here. Cancelling the other two slots tomorrow morning if there are no takers.

Food: all these are pretty much Phoenix/ scottsdale/tempe area

• dick’s hideaway
    southwest food and probably one of my favorite restaurants in the state.
    Kinda speakeasy cause there’s no sign on the door but really cool vibe when you go in. I recommend eating at the bar.

• delfacos
    Italian deli. Everything I have gotten from there is good but would suggest the cheesesteak and the pizza sub.

• Harvey’s Wineburgers
    Dive bar with surprisingly good burgers. Was drunk when I had them so who knows.

-Mrs Chicken
One of the best fried chicken sandwiches I’ve had and you can pick how hot you want it.

• Little miss bbq
    To me this is the best bbq in the state.

If you need Gilbert suggestions too let me know cause that’s where I live.

Let the roasting of my picks begin…. Right meow

8 Likes

Solid. I forgot that place existed. Blast from the past

2 Likes

Barrio Cafe would be an addition for Phoenix, but RIP (and don’t go to any of the franchise or whatever was going on there).

Lay out the Gilbert list @Kusch85.

2 Likes

I’d add Andreoli in Scottsdale as far as Italian markets/restaurants go. It’s our favorite in town and not far from Talking Stick

And Chelsea’s Kitchen for the prime rib

2 Likes

Gilbert food

-Joes farm grill
Was on diners,drive ins, and dives. Really good menu and everything extremely fresh.

-Zinburger
Really good burgers but the green chile cheese fries were amazing.

-tacos Tijuana
Can’t go wrong with rotating meat cut to order. Really good quesadillas.

-midnight taco
You can get queso fried onto to your tacos. Really good. You can also add like Doritos and spicy Cheetos into your burritos.

-caldwells bbq
Probably best bbq in Gilbert

-Sal’s Gilbert pizza
Arizona pizza isn’t the best but this place has like lasagna and penne vodka pizza. Probably sounds weird but they are pretty good.

I’ve only lived in Gilbert for 3 years so probably gotta check out more spots

Also I forgot one for the Phoenix area
-Chicago Hamburger company
So much Chicago sports memorabilia all over the place. Really good sliders.

2 Likes