Roll call: Phoenix/Scottsdale

Yeah I hear ya about rates. It’s not terrible now - $84 for a resident walking rate and the course is in pretty good shape. Love all those courses and especially Southern Dunes!

1 Like

Tbh I didn’t know they had a walking rate. That’s great to know. $84 for Champions is solid.

Yeah they don’t advertise the resident rates but you can book a non-resident rate and then just show up and pay the resident rate. Definitely one of the better deals, imo, in the Valley.

3 Likes

Grabbed a threesome for Encanto on Thrusday at 2:32 if anyone wants to cut out of work and join.
Planning on getting my quota in.

Hey AZ locals,

I did two separate trips this past winter and have visited at least once a winter for the last few years.

I’m about to have a conversation with the wife about renting a place from Jan-Apr next year.

Any tips on where I should be looking for a furnished rental? Where should I try and make my golf home base for playing & practicing?

Appreciate your input!

Edit: All spots full.

Location will obviously be heavily dependent on budget and what you’re potentially looking for outside of golf. I know Talking Stick has some sort of practice range deal for $99/month during winter with potential access to course for $25 after 3pm, but I have no idea how easy it is to get any of those times or if it’s really worth it.

1 Like

Practicing is either going to be Talking Stick or an Arcis course (Raven is the one you want). You can play more golf at Raven than TS. If you were set up shop down by Raven it would be cheaper and you would have access to Legacy and Aguila (which is pretty cheap even without being a resident).

Furnished rentals in the winter could be pricey. Not too many people struggling to find someone to rent Jan-Apr.

1 Like

Silverleaf will get you dialed in

5 Likes

Is anyone buying the troon card for the summer?

How much longer is the renovation at Talking Stick expected to take? When I was there last month, it seemed it was 1 year or so out to finish.

Probably won’t affect the practice range, but just be aware.

Decent range there

3 Likes

Thanks! Wonder if they’ll let me park an RV in the lot for a few months with my membership?

I haven’t heard anyone on here mention they got one in the past, so no idea if it’s worth it or not.

Hopefully Southern Dunes does their Summer 6 Pack deal again, and we can try to get a group of 12 together for a random Saturday or Sunday.

4 Likes

That would pretty fun. It seems like non of the courses have promoted any summer packages yet and I feel in the past I used to get bombarded with emails

1 Like

I just an email the other day about the summer six pack at southern dunes, goes on sale in may

1 Like

Anyone want to get quota/match in this Sunday 5/14? Have 2 spots available for 6:40am at Aguila

2 Likes

Tentative yes from me, I’ll confirm when I know for sure

2 Likes

Now an official yes, see you bright and early

I’ll make this my quota round as well and would be down for a match

2 Likes

Taking Friday off, booked an 8:56am foursome at Encanto - three spots left if anyone wants to join

1 Like