Roll call: Phoenix/Scottsdale

Curious if anyone else on here tried to just book a tee time for April 1. Had sites loaded before 12 but every time I tried to click a tee time at 12:00 the site froze. By the time it actually let me get through to confirm the tee time (12:02 am) everything before 2:00 was sold out (Aguila and Encanto). Here’s to y’all having better luck than I did. Try again next week lol.

Damn, well looks like my April quota round will probably be some random early morning weekday that I just stroll into work late saying I had a dentist or doc appointment.

4 Likes

damn - i like that move

1 Like

Is Southern Dunes walkable?

2 Likes

It is definitely walkable, it’s a long walk but not too hard.

2 Likes

For sure. Basically a flat course though with the shaping there are a few swales and stuff you have to navigate through or around.

1 Like

Played it today and it is a great walking course.

4 Likes

Hey guys has anyone been up north to play? Looking to play page national April 14th just not sure if it’s open covered in snow freezing

I booked a foursome at Encanto Fri 4/7 @ 6:32am if anyone wants to join. I’ll be using it for quota & down for a match.

2 Likes

Edit. Actually I’m not.

I’m in. Down for a match. I’m also gonna make it my quota round.

1 Like

Ya’ll tried to warn me, but ended up playing Wigwam Gold and it was terrible and one of the dumbest courses I’ve ever played. They want it to be a “championship” course so bad that its totally tricked out with goofy hazards all over the course. First hole was really good and hopes couldn’t have been higher. But 2nd hole had a “hidden” water hazard behind the green. Pretty much downhill from there with a couple good holes sprinkled in. Place has a lot of potential to be “tough but fair” if they fill in most of the water hazards and a few of the bunkers.

Also played Dobson Ranch and it was fun and good value. Range and putting green were absolutely bumping all day. Looked like a great place to hang.

1 Like

Dobson is what many munis should aspire to be. Super accessible and a good atmosphere for the casual golfer. I avoid it for the most part because it’s always overcrowded and don’t love music blasting while I’m practicing, but I recommend it to anyone looking for a good time and a more fun golf environment. I like the course a lot if you can find a tee time.

3 Likes

Count me in too

2 Likes

Anybody have any connections at Wickenburg Ranch that could help some fellow nesters get on Friday?

He’s here

4 Likes

Edit: disregard. Forgot I have to play in a charity scramble next Saturday. Will be looking to book something for Sunday when tee times open tomorrow.

Snagged a foursome at Encanto on Sunday, April 30th, at 12:08. All three spots up for grabs. DM me or reply here for a spot. First come first serve. This will be my quota round.

What’s up guys! New roost member here. I live in the Norterra area but play all over. If I had a home course it would likely be TPC Champions. Looking forward to playing some golf!

3 Likes

Welcome! Stoked to have another Phoenician getting involved. TPC Champions is a favorite for many here in the summer. Until rates drop I’m primarily sticking to City of Phoenix munis but then get up to TPC, Talking Stick, WeKoPa, and down to Southern Dunes in the summer. Excited to have you here and we’ll have to tee it up soon.

1 Like