Roll call: Phoenix/Scottsdale

Pretty open Monday and tuesday

Would you be able to swing an afternoon tee time? Looks like most of the AMs are taken?

Should be fine

Happy New Year everyone! Here’s a friendly reminder that the Tumbleweed Two Ball is just over 3 months away so be sure to sign up if you’re interested, or if you have already signed up be sure to confirm your spot by making a donation to Youth on Course.

3 Likes

Hi all,
Heading out to Phoenix Friday, March 10 for the world baseball classic. Looking for public courses in the area. Hoping to play for three or four times. Any recommendations out there? Thanks.

All the city courses are great - highly recommend Papago and GCU and have heard good things about Aguila. Go for Southern Dunes if you are up for a drive, WeKoPa if you can pay a little bit of money, or Talking Stick for a solid, fun experience.

I also enjoyed the Grand Canyon university course last time I was in phoenix. Ditto for longbow (esp because I like to see airplanes take off and land during my round :joy:)

5 Likes

Spring training is going to make it difficult to find times, I would recommend booking them as soon as possible. Co-sign the above options, Papago, GCU, & Saguaro at We-Ko-Pa are great. An atypical suggestion that I enjoy is Ambiente at Camelback, more linksy and not desert golf.

2 Likes

Absolutely echo all the recommendations here.

Depending on how far you are willing to drive and where you are styling. I would highly recommend the two Verrado courses on the west-side of town. Super impressive courses that are fun to play.
Also Sterling Grove if you are wanting to take a trip on Jack’s wild ride.

Feel free to come out a week early and join a large group at Aguila haha

1 Like

24 spots are tentatively claimed for our event on March 4th, but if you’re still lurking feel free to add your name to the alternate list. You can confirm your spot if there are any missing confirmations from the original 24 after the February 3rd deadline.

2 Likes

Come visit us! My dad is from Jersey so I loved your Trap Draw. Nice to have some post-hardcore ruminations in there as well.

2 Likes

I love phoenix area! Pre-Covid came out for spring training/golf/innings fest in 19 and 20. Had great times.

3 Likes

Hey y’all, I am going to be in town next week and am going to playing Moon Valley with a refuge-adjacent friend on Friday 1/20. We have room for (2), I believe it is around $100. I played with @Waffles (hey Trevor!) in Bandon, he can attest I’m not a murderer or anything like that.

If you are interested let me know, I don’t think we have locked in a time or anything yet.

1 Like

Was able to get a 7:52am foursome at Cave Creek for this Saturday 1/14. Anyone looking to get a match and/or quota round in?

Wish I could make it but I’m likely out. Dan is on the refuge now but dormant because he actually works or something like that???

1 Like

Jake, I would like to take a spot if it is still open. Dan

1 Like

Can confirm @b_lehmann is one of the coolest and best people I have ever had the luck to share a round with.

If you still have an opening, I would be intrigued.

1 Like

I’m no longer refuge-adjacent since we last saw each other. Happy to be here and would be happy to host a foursome at Moon Valley CC. Low key club, pace is always good, tough to beat the price this time of year here.

3 Likes

I have two open spots at 9:38am at GCU on Monday the 16th if anyone has the day off and wants to get out. Hoping to make this my quota round and would be up for a match too.

1 Like