Roll call: Phoenix/Scottsdale

From AZ, living in Dallas now but for only the past 9 months so I’m sure others in the Texas Folks thread might have better recommendations. I think people have already put together lists in there for other people as well. A lot of courses are still trying to recover from the February freeze so their greens aren’t great.

• Cedar Crest is in really good shape with just a few greens with some dead spots. Plays firm and fast. Tillinghast design that hosted the 1927 PGA Championship. Really good value at ~$45 riding for weekend mornings. Walkable if you get out early enough in this heat/humidity.

• Stevens Park would probably be the number one course talked about in the refuge and I think there might even be a thread about it. I haven’t played in a few months so not sure the shape it’s in but would be another top recommendation. Essentially impossible to get a weekend morning tee time. Really fun/quirky squared off greens. Only like $30-40.

• Texas Rangers Golf Club is a strong recommendation if you’re willing to spend a little bit more (~$120) and might have to drive a little bit to get to it in Arlington depending on where you’ll be staying.

• Pecan Hollow typically had some of the best greens in the area consistently but I think I heard they were one of the most impacted by the freeze so just depends on current condition.

• Irving Golf Club is a lot of fun as well. Almost has a linksy type feel to it. Wide fairways with some fun greens. A great match play course. Fairways should play really fast in the summer.