Roll Call: Perth, WA

Hey all,

Thats me back in the warmth. Looking forward to getting out and having a hit with you guys. Weekends would be ideal. https://crazygolfdeals.com.au/deals/western-australia?affiliate_code=adwords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8tnctrHw5gIVESUrCh21uwFhEAAYASAAEgJS0_D_BwE few deals here to be had.

1 Like

Welcome home boss! Good trip?

Weekends should be good for me dependent on arrival of bub. I’ve been having some back/hip issues so haven’t been playing early mornings (getting old sucks!) but most of the offers seem to be after midday on Sat/Sun anyways.

Chequers is… okay?! Course is nothing special and it’s a bit out of the way, but that price is pretty tough to argue with.
Keen to do the Araluen one at some stage as i’ve only played it when I was at Uni some 15 years ago; same with Pinjarra & Kwinana as i’ve never got on those. I bought a Hartfield deal for a two ball pre-Christmas but haven’t been able to use it yet. That expires end of this month so if anyone is keen, let me know. Would be $30 for 18 holes & a beer, to use Mon-Wed, Fri or Sun.

It was very busy! Not much of a holiday, a lot of driving seeing family. Although, I did manage to get a round in at the course I spent most of my childhood so that was awesome.

I had never heard of Chequers before, agreed is miles away! Araluen isnt too bad, needs a bit of love. Lots of little stones in the bunkers and rough which can dent your clubs. But still a great course. I have had a few rounds at Kwinana, its a good course, some challenging holes. Only played Hartfield once, tough day on the course for me, so would be keen to redeem myself. What time would it be on Sundays there?

1 Like

You always seem to be at the beck & call of folk when you head back, right?! Glad you were able to get a round in, especially at this time of the year.

Used the Hartfield voucher up with a mate on Sunday just gone and not seeing them on CGDs any more, but you can usually find a cheap deal on their online booking system. The course is in great nick, long enough without having to bomb away all the time as there is plenty of doglegs. My mate is in his mid-late 60’s and torched me 5 & 4 as he just kept hitting the fairways off the tee & letting me set myself on fire as usual :upside_down_face:

I have my folks arriving on Friday arvo to help with when the baby comes along, so I may be out of action for a while. Hope you blokes can tee it up sometime.

1 Like

Absolutely, especially with having the little one and introducing her all the rest of the family.

Oooof, some icarito moments? I shall have to try and get out there again. I am looking at joining Melville glades they have a pretty good deal going on at the moment.

Not long now till the baby arrives?

Actually played okay, but yeah, not enough “between the mustard & the mayo” off the tee. Plus he’s the most dangerous 16 hcp i’ve ever played against, barely missed all day, the bastard!

What’s the go with Melville Glades? More importantly, will you be able to get guests on?! :upside_down_face:

Due Feb 7th, so we’re officially on countdown

There is always one person out there like that!

They are having bit of a membership drive, they have a restricted membership offer for $1400, unlimited social golf but limited to 20 comps a year. https://www.melvilleglades.com/cms/membership/categories-fees/ i would assume you can bring guests!

D day is almost here! my little girl turns one next month, time has flown by!

1 Like

Nice. See they are reciprocal with Hartfield, too. Let us know when you get in there, I’ll come and have a look :wink:

Still waiting on @D.Crad to get us all out to WA Club, too…

Have any of you guys played Lancelin? It looks rough as guts and I’m very interested.

1 Like

Didn’t even know there was a course there tbh :joy:

WTF is this?!

9 holes with retic, 9 that are only playable in winter when it gets some water. The Aussie version of sheep mown fairways?

1 Like

Hey all,

I’m in Perth too, I’m a member at Melville Glades but keen to try out a few different courses.

1 Like

Welcome! You may have to show @OliT round at Melville Glades if he bites the bullet on membership.

Had my baby daughter 2 weeks ago and back to work today, hence Refuging hard. I would say i’m unlikely for any full rounds for a wee while, but if anyone sets anything up, let me know & I’ll see what I can do.

Would be more than happy to, it’s a great track and great value.

1 Like

Did you end up joining at Melville Glades @OliT?

I just got the Crazy Golf Deals email about the Golfer Classic there on 21st April. Keen to try & get in that, if I can swing it with the wife. Could maybe try & get a four-ball out there beforehand to scope it out if that would work for you, too, @daveyc?

For sure @MG82! The club runs a $10 green fee and comp fee for those with a valid golflink number on certain days, usually the weekend and Fridays.

The course is in absolute prime condition at the moment too.

1 Like

WhVv5P

@MG82 I have been so busy with work and flat out at the weekends, mainly 1st birthday parties! I havent played since Christmas! Hoping to get a game soon, but then sliced my finger on the weekend so need to wait for that heal. @daveyc you will have to take us out at Melville and show us the way.

1 Like

Gentleman, first time long time. Would be great to catch up with fellow refugees some time in the near future. Mostly play on the weekends but look for any excuse to get out during the week. Let me know!!

2 Likes

Welcome @TheFifth!

It’s pretty sleepy in here (this is Perth, after all) but we’ll hopefully get a few games lined up in the near future. Where are you located/do you normally play? As for whether any of us are any good…