Roll Call: Perth, WA

Hi @OliT,

Thought I’d drop in and say hi. I live in Perth and a long time NLU listener, first time poster.
Always keen for a hit if/when I can get away from work, kids etc…

2 Likes

I’ll be in Perth for chrissy 24th-30th and maybe a couple days around the 6th-8th, not yet sure which days I’ll be free and trying to work in rounds at WAGC and Mount Lawley, but I’ll be pretty keen for a round at Seaview and/or Kennedy Bay if anyone’s keen?

1 Like

A round at Kennedy would be awesome. Probably my favourite public course in Perth!

1 Like

Welcome @chairman :raised_hands: Where do you play normally?

I should be able to get out around then @BD8, still not got on at Seaview as yet, but enjoyed Kennedy Bay when we were down there. It’s always super cheap, too, so if we can get a few interested we should get something like this happening?

https://crazygolfdeals.com.au/deal/western-australia/one-of-australia-s-top-courses-18-holes-for-four-with-drinks-range-balls-at-the-stunning-links-kennedy-bay-4d8d97be-6e97-403f-8174-c2901a0af986

Edit - Damn it, just seen the blackout dates of Dec 21-Jan 1 on that deal.

I play Wembley quite a bit. The last few years I’ve been a summer member at Nedlands which is a good deal if you can play a bit before work. A few mates have got me onto Cottesloe a few times recently.

Only played Seaview a couple of times but really like it. Collier Park is fun and not too taxing I reckon.

Would happily play Kennedy every day of the week, but the travel makes it a rare thing.

Used to play Marylands a lot when I lived in Bayswater. Basically, I’ll play anywhere!

Gotta love the Quarry at Joondalup though!

2 Likes

Excellent, a regular muni hack like me :slight_smile:

Maylands is my “home” course as i’ve got my GolfLink number through Platinum Club there, and it’s 10 mins from my house, but love getting out to new places as much as possible. I know the Superintendent at WA Club who is getting me and a mate on on Sunday (you around @D.Crad?!)

Played Kennedy Bay with David & @OliT a few weeks back, that place is brilliant. Didn’t get totally ejected but certainly felt like i’d been in a battle when we’d finished.

Is anyone keen for a hit in the next week or so, or do you guys need a bit more lead-in time? (That’s a serious question btw, not taking the piss!) My missus is away til Saturday week (7th) so might be able to sneak out. Otherwise, how is everyone set over Christmas? Not sure we need to book the whole course out like the Cincinnati/Atlanta/Detroit events on here, but we should try & get the WA Refuge Chapter out for a knock.

Snowed under at work unfort @MG82 so not playing the next few sundays but keen for another round in the new year.

1 Like

Really enjoyed the knock y’day, even with 4 (I think) temporary greens & number 11 out of action completely. Shot 82 which I was happy with for my first time around it.

Now just gota find a secret credit card to pay for that initiation fee :wink:

1 Like

@chairman @MG82 @D.Crad @BD8 Shall we look at what dates work for us all in the New Year? 11th Jan on wards is good for me. I shall keep an eye out for deals as well.

1 Like

@MG82 @D.Crad (apparently I’m a new user and can only mention two users in a post. Sorry BD8, but I just cut you off because you’re the last I’m the list)

Sorry for the non reply. Christmas party season and end general of year madness has taken over.

Just want to let you know that I’m absolutely keen for a round over the Christmas period. I’m off work from nex Friday until the 6th jan. but my wife just told me she’s basically working through so I can only really play weekends (kids not in school). Weekdays aren’t impossible. Maybe Boxing Day?

Also, once upon a time I was an ok player (12) but I don’t get on much and am a definite 18 or more now. But I can keep up.

As an aside, I know the presidents cup is on Kayo, but does anyone know if it’s available on demand or just live? I used to have Kayo and remember that only majors were on demand and PGA events were live only.

Reason I’m asking is I’ve got access to a really awesome ‘display home’ set up Through work. 80” screens, massive couches, fridges etc and we could have a presidents cup viewing. Bit of a killhouse thing?

Just an idea. There’s no free to air so I can’t record it, but there are Apple tvs for streaming.

Cheers

Sorry @OliT
Only just read your message properly.

Can also do after the 11th, but would need to be a weekend for me as I’ll most likely be back at work by then. Could always take a day off if it means we get on a good course, but is a bit more difficult.

How is everyone else suited?

Looks like the Presidents Cup is on Ch9, though I guess it could be on GEM if there’s a really important re-run of some shitty sit-com for them to play during the day.

Unfortunately i’ve got some stuff to sort this weekend. My wife wants the house sorted for the arrival of our first kid so will be running around & re-organising shit i’m afraid. Hoping to maybe get some twilight golf in once the worst of the days heat is past though :fire:

As for Christmas golf, I’m working up until Christmas Eve, then we’re closed until Jan 2nd so sure we can fit something in. Boxing Day I’m guessing most people will have family stuff to attend to, so maybe Friday 27th would probably work best, if people are keen? Does that work for anyone else @BD8 @D.Crad @chairman @GMac @bssharpie (think i’ve tagged everyone except @OliT who is away!)

Also, any preference on course?

Also, seeing that YET ANOTHER Refuge match/duel is coming to fruition, I think we need to get something like this on the books for some stage next year. I was actually thinking about this on the walk to work this morning. What courses we could hire out for the day, what charity we could make it for, how we could possibly get some merch sorted out, etc etc.

There is also talk of an ANZAC meet-up in Melbourne next October incase of you weren’t aware… shoutout @sliceroulette

1 Like

definitely free the arvo, might be playing that morning already but just sorting that out still. a vote for seaview from me but can be easily swayed.

1 Like

Sweet… just checked Seaview’s website & looks like Friday all day is good for public play, and should only be $35 for 18 holes being a week day. Will drop them a line & see if I can hold two x four-ball slots at around 2pm if that works for everyone? I’m sure I can cancel/re-arrange if needs be.

UPDATE - We should be grand, but they don’t take midweek bookings until a week out, so will just lock that in next Friday… which should give a bit more time for people to get their schedules cleared so we can go launch em (very low, beneath the howling Fremantle Doctor).

1 Like

Good work driving this one @MG82

I’ve had a change of plans… not going to be in Perth until the week leading up to the Australia Day weekend.

So if you or anyone are keen for a hit sometime from 20th - 26th January, I’m bringing the clubs and will be ready to go.

1 Like

My folks arrive from the UK on Jan 18th & baby is due Feb 7th so i’d say i’ll be unlikely, but…

1 Like

Gents. Would anyone be interested in a little daytrip to play Binningup on Sunday Dec 29th? It’s about a 1.5 hr drive from Perth itself, but only $20 in an honour box to play. SUPER fun 9 holer, with double pins on a couple of holes. Myself and at least one mate will be heading down for 18 (maybe 27 depending on time/weather), offer is open to join us. No need to book tee times as there is no clubhouse or anything, just rock up & play. Can let you know details of time we’re likely to get there if anyone is keen.

2 x 4 balls booked for 2pm at Seaview on Friday 27th. Pro shop says we’ll need to go off earlier if anyone needs to hire anything (clubs/carts) but booking can be amended. Let me know who is keen @BD8 @D.Crad @chairman. I have at least one mate locked in, but there are spots if you fancy it & wana bring anyone. Lemme know! :+1:t2::golfing_man:t3:‍♂

Oh, and Binningup may now happen on the Monday instead of the Sunday if that helps/hinders anyone :grimacing:

I’m out sorry mate due to family stuff on those days but hope it’s a belter!

1 Like