Roll Call: Perth, WA

Awesome, a 4-ball would be good. @D.Crad and @BD8 if all good with you guys we can try and book a tee time asap.

Congrats bud thats awesome! She is almost 7 months old, its crazy how quickly the time goes! You’re going to love it.

1 Like

Hey guys, oct 5 at Kennedy Bay works for me too! I’m in.

2 Likes

Brilliant.

Now we just need a couple of these as & when we hear back from @BD8 :+1:

https://crazygolfdeals.com.au/deal/western-australia/one-of-australia-s-top-courses-18-holes-for-two-with-drinks-range-balls-at-the-stunning-links-kennedy-bay-4488d7ae-bfff-43f6-95e8-827fb96ff7ad

I’m out sorry guys, staying in Sydney to get work done (self employed and going through a bit of a transition period at the moment) while the girlfriend heads west. Will chasing you guys for a round or two between chrissy and new years though.

1 Like

All good man, let us know about end of the year :+1:

I’ll have a chat with my mate & see if we can’t get something sorted @D.Crad & @OliT. With that deal I posted earlier, it makes sense to get the voucher seens as it makes it half-price.

For now though, Crack. On.

1 Like

Okay @OliT & @D.Crad, my mate Shane (52 yrs old, plays off 16, minimal knowledge of NLU!) is in for October 5th, so we have a four-ball :palms_up_together:

I’ll grab a voucher from the above linkl if you guys want to do the same, and we can then book our tee-time. Has to be after midday for a Saturday, so let me know when you have yours & i’ll get us on as close to that as possible. Looks like we get a bucket of range balls as well, so happy to get down there a bit early for a swing & meet-up before we get away.

Let’s go send em!

Voucher for 2 people purchased @OliT, @D.Crad. Will call Kennedy Bay after lunch and get us booked on. You will probably have to call & quote your voucher number when you have it. Will let you know when i’ve got it locked in :call_me_hand:

EDIT - Okay, we’re booked in at midday on Saturday 5th October gents. Can call to add in a cart if you wana ride, but Shane & I will be full on #PushCartMafia. Just bring your voucher with you & present it in the pro-shop. You get range balls & a middy of beer included :palms_up_together:

If that’s too early for either of you, let me know & should be able to re-arrange it, but has to be after 12 to use the voucher.

I’m in London at the moment, but live in Perth and would love to get some fun rounds in. I play in the PGN, so play lots of courses but mostly play Seaview, Vines and Collier park more recently.

1 Like

@MG82 sounds good! 12 should be good for me. I shall grab a voucher myself and @D.Crad on the weekend when I am back from Norway and book us in. #PushCartMafia all day.

@bssharpie welcome! How do you find PGN? I am currently with Future Golf. We shall get more rounds in for sure.

1 Like

Excellent, let us know when you’re back @bssharpie

I’m playing The Vines (Lakes) on Sunday with a group from Maylands. Played the Ellenbrook last weekend as one of the lads has just moved up there, good course but the greens weren’t great… they were due to be cored on Monday, apparently, though.

Be interesting to hear the different sides of PGN & Future Golf. Not sure i’ll be able to do much more than currently with first child on the way in Feb, but worth getting to know for future reference.

@MG82 @OliT thanks.

I’d recommend looking at the PGN. It’s a great group of guys and some gals. The course selection is pretty good, and we get green fee discounts at some of them. If you can get out during the week the options are pretty strong as well for comps.

They also do some pretty good getaways as well. For example there are probably 40 people up in kalgoorlie right now playing the weekend, and some 50 of us are going to Melbourne in December to play 4 days in the Mornington area and then watch the president’s cup. They also typically do trips to Bali and down to Albany.

Let me know if you’re interested. Maybe we can get out when I get back.

2 Likes

Thx for getting the voucher Olit. Do u want me to transfer you the cash now or should I pay you on the day?

No problem, cash on the day is good. I shall call Kennedy Bay tomorrow.

Looking forward to having a hit you boys this weekend, lets hope the weather stays on our side @MG82 @D.Crad

1 Like

Absolutely. I’m seeing 19-20c & a bit of wind, so should be fine. I just hope my back holds up, and I can at least try & keep my tee ball on the planet this week.

Looking forward to it!

Could be ejection city if we get this weather tomorrow…

Howdy all. I’m going to be in Perth for about 10 days to start the new year and looking to bring my clubs for the first time.

If I was going to play 2-3 courses in/around the Perth area, what would you recommend?

Also if anyone was keen to have a hit, I’d be more than happy to buddy up.

1 Like

G’day & welcome @GMac.

Plenty of good public golf here in Perth, so really depends on where you’ll be staying, and whether you’ll have any transport as we’re pretty spread out. Weekends can get pretty busy but you’ll usually be able to get on most places. If you can play midweek that opens up some of the “private” clubs as they usually accept green fees one or more days of the week.

Personally I would recommend;

Hartfield - Members club but you can play Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday by the looks of it. Usually $30 on a Monday, too. Quite long & can get hot being at the base of the hills, but nice course conditions & a good test.

Seaview - Never actually played here myself but have a mate who was a member, and it’s meant to be excellent; out in the very nice beach-side suburb of Cottesloe so can grab a nice lunch/go for a swim afterwards. You will get the coastal winds here!

Maylands - Bit biased as this is where I play most, but will be a good option if you’re staying in town/don’t have transport as it’s pretty central. Fully public, so can get busy, but I like it & it’s 10 mins from home!

I’m sure the other thread people will give you different options, but that’s three easy ones from me. Other munis to check out would be Wembley, Collier Park, Hill View, Hamersley, Carramar, Glen Iris & Whaleback. Again, really depends where you’re staying.

If you are a sicko & want to drive 1.5 hrs to go to a hidden gem 9-holer, then Lakewood Shores/Binningup is my favourite way to spend an afternoon getting beaten up :slight_smile: Can’t play Saturdays but it’s $20 in an envelope & away you go all other days.

Worth having a look at this place before you come out, too…Crazy Golf Deals; some excellent deals if you’re playing as a 2 ball. A few of us played the Links at Kennedy Bay last week & it was brilliant value for money.

If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to yell! I’d be up for a round over the New Year, depending on work & the like.

If I’m picking 3 public courses it’d probably be Seaview, Kennedy Bay, and Joondalup.

1 Like