Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

Got the morning and afternoon of Monday 3/16 to play before our conference starts at Omni Championsgate. Have played both Magnolia and Palm before but looking to branch out this time. Will be coming from WDW that morning. Is Championsgate worth it or should I play 18-36 somewhere else?

CG isn’t bad. Over the Summer the International is awesome since it gets baked out windy firm linksy. In March I’d just play the National.

1 Like

Flying to Orlando tomorrow. Playing Dubsdread Friday AM and then WP9 skins game Friday afternoon. Celebration and Shingle Creek Saturday. Anyone else play in the Friday skins game at WP?

I played at the Golfer’s Journal one; it was good fun. And if you’ve never played WP9 you are in for a treat!

1 Like

I try to play the course every year around this time. Last year I played just before my flight home so it was kind of a rushed round. It will be nice to play it with a much more relaxed vibe.

What time are you playing celebration on Saturday? I’m out there with a buddy at 8:15

1 Like

Hey Man, I just saw this today but we had a 1:21 tee time Saturday. It got real slow out there and barely finished our round before dark. The ranger out there didn’t have a clue.

Yeah it was a long round. We played it in about 4:45 and didn’t have anyone on our tail the whole morning but were told we were a few minutes behind even though we were waiting on most boxes.

Fate brought the Refuge together, in the smallest of worlds, I got paired up with @Vaughanw22 this morning at Dubsdread.

Played like dick, but enjoyed the company :raised_hands:.

4 Likes

Great time out there with @GolfChannel today. Hoping to go launch them again soon

1 Like

Relocating to Lakeland in April. Do I belong here?

Here and the Tampa thread.

1 Like

Lakeland is very much not Orlando or Tampa, but closely linked to both.

The Imperial Polk County has an identity all its own. I love it over there. A lot of the Brandon suburb courses are as close to Lakeland as they are other parts of “Tampa”.

1 Like

Has anyone played LPGA International in Daytona? Thoughts? Playing in a tournament down there next month

Fun, almost always in top shape. If you can play a practice round definitely do so.

2 Likes

Which course? But agreed, it is usually always in great shape no matter what.

1 Like

Jones course

Here in Clermont, just west of Orlando. The courses in the area are still open and doing everything they can to keep everyone safe. Support them if you can while still staying safe yourself. Plan on playing OCN on Sunday morning.

1 Like

Hoping to get out tomorrow.

May not be the right thread but - I have the option of playing TPC Sawgrass or Streamsong Black next week. Prices aside what do you all recommend and why? I’ve never played either.

Edit: Assuming either course is still open…