Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

Have 2 spots open for a foursome at OCN this Sunday at 8:24 with myself and @anon3021505. Let me know if you are interested in joining

Oh no! Sucks to hear the other two couldn’t make it. Hopefully someone else jumps in.

Sorry, I am caddying a tournament for my buddy who is down from Bloomington. There are still spots open if anyone wants to play the Mayfair Open.

I will be around the PGA Show Thursday if anyone wants to grab drinks.

I’m down for OCN Sunday if there’s still room

2 Likes

Definitely is! Still have room for one more if anyone is interested or if you know someone who wants to join.

2 Likes

Glad to see this. Really looking forward to it! Haven’t hit a ball outside since mid October, but I promise to suck as little as possible! Hahahaha.

1 Like

Haha no worries! Looking forward to it!

For anyone interested in a Florida meetup:

1 Like

Greetings Orlando refugees! I will be in Orlando for a convention February 1st thru 5th. I’ve done Shingle Creek and the Disney courses in the past so I’m looking for suggestions for someplace different - preferably a track that allows walkers. Any suggestions from locals would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Are you staying down by the convention center area? Have a car? If so, Rio Panar let’s walkers out (my go to for walking), Dubs Dread is a little tight but let’s walkers out, and Mayfair (a little bit of a trek especially from Convention area) is a cheap option to walk with some good elevation change and some history. What day are you planning on getting out? I have a buddy in town and going to try and play the morning of the 2nd.

@Vaughanw22 Vaughanw22 thanks for the suggestions! I’m staying at a Disney resort, but I will have my car so driving is not an issue. I will have free time on the 3rd (Monday), 4th (Tuesday), and 5th (Wednesday) to try to sneak in a round.

1 Like

Timuquana. You just have to look for the q :wink:

1 Like

Has anyone played in the Friday skins game at WP9? I’m going to be there in two weeks and would love to get in the skins game if they are having it that day. Do you just show up or is there a registration/tee time needed?

Flying in the morning of 1/31 and probably headed over to WP9. Anyone up for a game on Saturday 2/1 (maybe really early on 2/2)? Considering the following and advice appreciated (open to suggestion):

Deltona
Victoria Hills
Rio Pinar

Deltona is a good time. Can’t walk on weekends until after 12 if that matters. Rio is a good spot too. Can whip around pretty quickly there. Won’t be back until late on 2/1 otherwise I would join in at WP9

Deltona is my favorite place to practice close to home. If I have time Black Bear is better.

My only complaint with Deltona is a universal issue with all public courses which is lazy as fuck octogenarians who can’t bend over and fix their divots. Over the Summer the greens look more like the moon…

Love Black Bear. They used to have a great skins game there on Saturday mornings. Some mini tour guys would be in it every week.

1 Like

The course is starting to get back in form the way it used to be in its prime probably because it’s been pushed by Red Tail. That course is always in great condition, affordable, and right around the corner.

I am gonna play tomorrow (Wed 1/29) at WP9. Have a business meeting in the evening but free all day. Hit me up if you want to play.

Fuuuckk. I just booked magnolia for the am, otherwise I would have been tempted to swing over. Have fun!

1 Like