Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

Florida having a Timucuana and Timucuan within 100 miles each other really grinds my gears.

5 Likes

Timucuana is one of my favorite tracks!

Hello, friends. I’m not sure how active this thread is or will be in the meantime, but I’ll be in the Disney area from 1/25 - 2/1.

In this thread, https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/disney-world-1-25-2-1/14342?u=xthrubyx, I mentioned leaning toward this plan:

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/disney-world-1-25-2-1/14342/11?u=xthrubyx

I was wondering if anyone would like to join me at either place. Have no set plans yet, so open to pretty much whatever.

Thanks.

I am in for a weekend round at either WP9 or OCN or wherever on the 25th or 26th. @GolfChannel @bogeytax are you guys around that weekend?

1 Like

Possibly the 26th.

That’s the weekend of the PGA show and I have a coaching clinic I’m attending that Friday and Saturday.

1 Like

Shit. I didn’t know that.

I’d have to do the 26th anyway, as we’re flying in the afternoon of the 25th, I believe.

I’m down!

1 Like

And by all means if anyone has a better plan or anything, please feel free to share. I am definitely the kind of dude who will let the chips fall where they may. But 1/26 would be the feasible date for me of the two and then maybe again during the week as well. Like the 28th or 31st.

I am in for the 26th for sure. Would be down for OCN (not sure if they still do a big PGA Show thing there though or not) or another course. Will you have a car or Ubering? I will be gone the rest of the week for work. They are sending me off to Waste Management for some reason

I’m going to be there with my in laws who are renting a car. Depending on what they’re doing that day (I would assume nothing) I will have that vehicle. Otherwise I would have to Uber, yeah. I could always have someone drop me off, too.

We are staying at Liki Tiki Village, I believe. So the closer to that, the better, for me, but i am definitely willing to make my way anywhere reasonable.

Yeah based on down there I would say OCN is best bet. Looks like some decent times for a Sunday morning available. Have a preference on what time to play based on the family?

Nope. Whatever works for whomever is interested. I will always prefer early golf, but I’m not picky.

Booked 4some for 8:24am at Panther Lake on 1/26. @bogeytax @GolfChannel let me know as we get closer if you guys can make it

4 Likes

Looking forward to it already. Hell yeah.

1 Like

Playing in Orlando Feb 7 & 8. Planning WP9 on 2/7 for the Friday skins game and then playing Shingle Creek on 2/8. Looking for a course to play in the morning of 2/7 that is near WP9. Thinking of Dubsdread right now and another course to play on 2/8 that is near Shingle Creek. Any suggestions for must plays that fit with those spots?

In that area if you can’t find a hookup to play Interlachen then Dubsdread is your course of choice.

By Shingle Creek it’s really up to you in terms of any of the resort courses. The neighborhood courses in that area are largely private so unless you can get on at Orange Tree or Bayhill the resort courses are your best option. Honestly, I know the courses are super nice, but I wouldn’t consider any of them “must play”.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don’t have any hookups so public courses will have to be the way to go for me.

Heading down with a group of 16 to the Orlando area Feb 12-17 for a golf trip. Playing Eagle Creek, Disney Magnolia / Palms, OCN Crooked Cat and Celebration. Any locals have any tips, tricks, advise while in the Orlando area during this time and/or playing these tracks?

This will be our groups first trip to the Orlando area and playing these tracks.

I might play Eagle Creek before then, they’ve done a little bit of a redesign, but it’s a pretty nice course considering it’s right across the street from Lake Nona CC.

Disney courses should be in prime form since they finished all of their annual maintenance in mid-October.

OCN just had the final stage of PGA Tour Qualifying, but honestly their courses are typically always taken care of very well for a very reasonable rate.

Celebration is my favorite of the bunch, but as I have said in other forums I actually haven’t played it since coming back from a long layoff because it was largely known to be in a state of disarray. I have heard the course is in much better condition now, but I can neither confirm nor deny from personal experience.

As always, Google Earth is your friend. OCN will challenge you depending on the tees you play and the wind that day. Celebration is shorter, but fun. Eagle Creek is great, just has no identity. Disney stuff is just another resort course with a little bit of bite.

For those in Orlando, or those who will be in Orlando before the PGA Show, hit up any of the PGA Superstores to get free tickets to the LPGA Tournament of Champions which includes a $20 off a $60 purchase coupon at PGASS on every ticket.

2 Likes