Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

Working some in Deland and will definitely try to put these recommendations into practice.

1 Like

Think I’ll be at Disney World this June shudders. Probably have time for one 18-hole round. What course would you pick? Somewhere at OCN or a Grand Cypress course? Looking to spend less than $130 and to not get my ass kicked. (13 handicapper)

Streamsong

I live pretty close to WP9 if you want to get a round in sometime. It seems like a handful of others in this thread play it regularly as well - maybe we can get a NLU group together.

Is anyone here a member at Bella Collina? If so how do you like it? They’ve got what seems like a good membership deal going on with no initiation fee, $350-$400 monthly fee and no cart fees. I’ve played it once and enjoyed everything about the place.

2 Likes

Definitely in for a NLU group get together at WP9. Try and walk it just about every Sunday afternoon

1 Like

Let’s make it happen!

New to the forum, been on WRX for a while but figured I’d sign up since I enjoy the Pod.

Live in historic downtown Sanford, work near the tourist corridor.

Mainly play: Mayfair, Black Bear, Victoria Hills and Redtail.

1 Like

I will be in town this upcoming week. Have some tight time slots to fit in a few rounds. I am looking to play WP9 on Friday morning, first tee time i can find as i have a flight out at 4:50. Anyone interested in joining, I should have two slots open as I am traveling with a golfing colleague.

Orlando crew…why is metrowest so cheap. Its a robert trent jones sr course. Is it bad what happened?

They had a history of treating people like shit.

They were bought by the group that used to own Falcons Fire. The group filed bankruptcy. The courses were sold again.

The group that bought MW tried to cruise on the courses rep and continue the “great” hospitality they had a reputation for and now it’s a goat pasture.

They can burn it down at this point and build more condos.

Damn… That’s tough.

How do you really feel.

So we are staying in the kissemee area so I am planning on playing FF and WP 9. Anywhere else you would recommend?

1 Like

Dubsdread, Black Bear, Redtail and OCN.

1 Like

Two items

1. Would you rather play celebration or shingle Creek.

2. I am calling in on Wednesday to play winter Park 9 on Friday morning with a colleague. Let me know if anyone wants to join if I can get the tee time.

For me, Shingle Creek all the way. Last time I played Celebration, the conditioning was suspect.
Shingle Creek has some interesting greens, and they always keep it in great shape.

1 Like

Does that mean you want to join us on friday morning if we can get on WP 9?

Sorry! I would love to, I actually live in Central PA. I just find myself in Orlando multiple times per year.

I am totally down to coming up from Vero to play the WP9

Played shingle Creek in constant rain today. Course layout was lacked something to be desired but the fairway and greens had some great undulation. Playing WP9 at 712 and 920 tomorrow. Can’t wait

Playing Timacuan today at 1:00.

Hoping to sneak in another round tomorrow morning after 9:00.