Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

I’ve heard the same. They are still charging $140 too hahaha.

Literally everywhere in central FL right now. Brutal.

2 Likes

It’s been tough to play anywhere else but wp9 for this reason. I also added Oak Trail just to have somewhere else to play on the weekends. But I can get 2 rounds in at wp9 in the time it takes to drive down there and play one round. So still figuring it out. Looking forward to the BASH AT THE BEACH.

4 Likes

Dubsdread (plus The Taproom), WP9 and Eagle Creek are the only public courses I feel like I can recommend these days

4 Likes

Wow! That’s a shame.

The summer I moved to Orlando (not that long ago, it was during the Obama years!) Celebration had a 18 holes+lunch deal, for what I want to say was $50ish on golfnow, maybe less? Yes I melted, but I took advantage several times that summer.

Which is to say, yea, very hard for me to say that $160 there is worth it.

1 Like

1 spot for Royal St. Cloud on Monday at 1:15p if anyone is interested

Played Celebration last year in March. Yeah, it was around $120 midweek I think, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Wasn’t top-tier conditions by any means but certainly nothing near as bad as grass-less tee boxes.

Heading down in 2 weeks again and have Celebration penciled in.

1 Like

Speaking of, I’ll be in Kissimmee and have available days on March 6,8, 9 and 10 if anyone wants to get a game or has a spot for me.

Let me know!

Just joining this thread, based out of winter park and am always down for a weekday game.
-Brent

7 Likes

Need to get you invloved with @ASplashOfOJ I’ll send you a dm shortly.

3 Likes

Welcome Brent. I’m also in winter park. We should get together for a round at WP9. I’m sure we can get a couple of other guys to join.

2 Likes

I’d love to, just in NYC and traveling all the time. Terrible. But will keep an eye out for Orlando stuff. Someone was talking about Celebration which is right around the corner.

Not sure what thread to post this in, hoping someone around Fort Lauderdale can provide some assistance. I’ll be in FLL for a week, and it just so happens to be a week before my first ever competitive event (stupid New Year’s resolution) and I’m considering bringing my clubs so I can get some practice in.

Anyone know of a good driving range near downtown FLL?

The small but enthusiastic South Florida Refuge contingent may be able to assist:

By “near” downtown FLL, you meant a 30-45 minute drive in rush hour traffic, right?

I live in DC, 40 minute traffic sounds like a quick commute!

1 Like

Best courses in the area? Am looking at bringing a group of students next January and need to put together a proposal for school.

Has anyone played the new Clermont National yet? Thoughts?

A few buddies of mine have so far, saying good things!

1 Like

Hard to beat Orange County National and Grand Cypress

3 Likes