Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

Good to see you got the full Florida experience

11 Likes

It was the icing on the cake

1 Like

Got out and played Metro West this weekend. Looks like it is definitely on track to be revived…eventually. It definitely still has a long way to go. The greens are in pretty good condition, hard but not too fast yet. Still kind of expensive for the state it was in but glad I played it. Will likely give it another go after another year of its rehab.

1 Like

The amount of car traffic that goes through WP9 is unreal. In my two hours there, I saw multiple emergency vehicles speeding through the neighborhood.

Blockquote i wish i had played OCN just to try and see the LIV infrastructure/circle range

OCN is my home course and it’s really more of an annoyance than anything. Cart path only, chipping and putting greens closed, etc.

Down in Orlando from Columbus. Playing Country Club Orlando through a charity auction and got an extra spot! Sunday at 12:45. $110.

If anyone is interested send me a message. Cheers

3 Likes

Played it for around $150 this past weekend. MORE than worth it. Most enjoyable round I’ve had in a while. Course is in great condition. LOVED IT!

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what are the resort courses you’re referring to?

I’m looking at Bay Hill or Copper Head to experience a PGA course, prices are definitely a bit steep but hopimg it’s worth it to have played one of them.

I think Bay Hill is the better experience and was cheaper. Played Copperhead yesterday for the first time, it’s fine but definitely overpriced.

4 Likes

If you play the right tees, Bay Hill is a blast.

I’m eyeing the yellow tees, on the short end of my usual but don’t think it’s possible to make “too many” birdies!

1 Like

What about a 2nd round on Bay Hill, versus a round on The Island Course at Innisbrook?

This is always a debate for me when traveling, experience more courses or experience the same course more fully?

No.

5 Likes

Good to know, that one is not recommended sounds like!

2 Likes

100% the way to go.

Also, you can give yourself the option to try the Bryson Line on #6

4 Likes

This Sunday, Eagle Creek in Orlando have two spots open mid morning time. @ASplashOfOJ if anyone is interested.

Have another tee time at Eagle Creek in Orlando @ASplashOfOJ for this Sunday the 6th if anyone is interested.

2 Likes

I think i can make it! Need a couple hours to confirm. -Tim

1 Like

Hey everyone. Planning an Orlando golf trip with 3 friends for the beginning on November. Probably flying in on a Thursday afternoon, leaving Sunday late morning. We’re thinking play 9 Thursday and then trying to do 36 Friday and Saturday.

Reading through the thread, winter park seems like it would be ideal for Thursday afternoon. Is it realistic to play both Orange County national courses in 1 day and then 2 other courses the other day? Grand cypress looks to be the other definite must play? Were open to any courses tho especially any that pair well together geographically for squeezing 2 rounds in a day. Thanks!

1 Like

WP9 is definitely the play here you’ll just need to be diligent in getting the tee time.

Yes playing both courses at OCN in one day is doable. I’d say you’d probably want to tee off no later than 8-8:30am for the morning round and no later than 1-1:30pm for the afternoon round. The earlier the better on both. Once daylight savings time ends in November sunset will be around 5:30pm.

I’ve never played but everybody says its good. I’m not sure how the access to both courses work but I think one course might be reserved for resort guests. I could be wrong though. Disney could be another good option for a relatively easy 36 hole day.

3 Likes