Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

I went with a decent group a few summers ago, little bit of advice don’t try to go on the weekend resort guests can’t play the main course until the afternoon, I had no idea it was 27 holes btw. The resort is stuck in the 80’s but is still pretty nice. Also be prepared to shell out some serious cash because it’s not cheap. Don’t even bother asking for a replay, my group finished at 5 and the course was wide open and the weather was perfect and they said no way.

May be heading to Streamsong mid March.

If I was to hang there for four days, and then drive towards Miami to catch a plane, where would be worth playing between Streamsong and Miami airport?

Grove XVIII XXIII.

Seriously though, you’re asking for a recommendation in a land mass almost as big as New Jersey. Please be more specific if you want a serious recommendation.

1 Like

Is Grove 18 MJ’s new muni or something? I’d rather play Grove 23 :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Help, I’m being audited by the IRS! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

If only my job were that easy!

3 Likes

I know the region’s size thanks.
Looking for some good golf options along that highway corridor or near FLL or MIA.

I don’t have the best pulse on what the worthwhile public options are for South FL but Palm Beach Par 3 is great. It’s a lot of fun and worth checking out in my opinion.

I’ve driven that center of the state route a couple times and there’s not much in the way of civilization, let alone golf courses. There’s a couple courses in Sebring which isn’t much of a detour, but nothing I’d write home about. I think I played the Muni there and Highland Ridge for a charity thing years ago. I don’t remember anything about the courses really. I think you’re best bet is to haul ass for Fort Lauderdale/Miami.

1 Like

Anyone interested in playing the Legends course at Orange Lake tomorrow or Wednesday early am? 7:30 or so.

Would if I could. It’s a solid course.

1 Like

Got out to Winter Park Pines (or WP18 now that the city has bought it) today. Hadn’t played it in 2+ years and the conditions/pace were consistently terrible back then. I think the greens and overall conditions are pretty decent for the price now. Played in <4 hours.

1 Like

Does anyone know how the conditions are at Eagle Creek? I will be that way in March.

They were great at the end of December. No reason to believe they’ve gone down or anything. Conditions are usually always pretty solid there.

1 Like

Hey Florida crew-

Going to be in Orlando for a work conference at Disney March 16-22, looking to get some rounds in that Sat/Sun (18/19) in the area. Lots of good intel in this thread on places to play, but would be great to link up with other sickos if there are openings (knowing its still almost a month out) that you wouldnt mind letting a Denverite tag along for. Can promise you some good laughs at my expense trying to figure out how to chip in FL.

Hope to see some of yall here in a few weeks

1 Like

I will pay handsomely if you do and share the secret with me.

Signed,

A Native Floridian

2 Likes

I’ll be in whorlando next Wednesday - Saturday if anyone wants to try and play some gawlf

Putt the ball

1 Like

I think this is actually the problem. I’ve putted from off the green so much that now I can’t chip.

1 Like

You may truly be broken now.

1 Like