Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

@Vaughanw22 lives in the area, and I might be able to swing coming over in the morning.

2 Likes

Well now I’m having FOMO. Yeah, I-4 is a shit show, but I promise WP9 is worth it. So much fun, great vibes, would recommend. Also, @mthoma12 still needs to get a hat and shirt so look out for him lurking around.

I would love to get out with you but will be up in SC for the week starting on Saturday. My boss played over at Orange County National on Sunday and had a good time. Around $60.

1 Like

Did you end up playing anywhere?

My wife had a migraine the day I was to leave for the trip and I ended up having to call off. I appreciate the recommendations thoughts, next time.

Migraines are no joke. My wife gets them occasionally, and it’s hard to watch.
It’s crazy how long they last.

This lasted like 2.5 days. It was crazy. She was sobbing because it hurt so bad. I’ve never had one, and I hope I never get one.

Holy Shit, I can’t imagine. My wife’s typically last only about 3-4 hours, and it feels like all day. It’s a helpless feeling, nothing seems to help all that much.
I’ve never had one either, I would be a mess. My wife typically looses most of her vision for an hour or so, that would freak me the eff out.

She actually made an appointment with an ENT, because she wants to get a CT scan because she thinks these are related to a sinus problem.

1 Like

That sucks! My wife used to have vertigo spells (#JDay) a few years back that would knock her out for a day. I really never get headaches so I can’t even imagine being crippled by one. I hope she gets some answers from the ENT.

1 Like

there must be something in the water in Orlando because my gf who is from Orlando gets migraines like once or twice a month and they are crippling. She has to go to bed in dark and quiet and just lay there for hours. Sometimes it helps if I squeeze her head but sometimes nothing helps and it sucks to not be able to do anything and she hates having to waste away her day doing nothing. I had never been close to anyone with migraines before and had no idea how bad they could be. Hopefully science can find a safe way to treat them effectively.

1 Like

The only thing we have ever found to help is Excedrin Migraine and a can of Coke AS SOON as she feels it coming on. (Coke or coffee gives some caffeine, which is supposed to help as well)

1 Like

She’ll keep an ice pack on her head and lay in the dark, but just has to ride it out. We have a 3 year old and I basically am running the show when she’s laid up. She’s a stay at home mom. This makes me realize her job is a helluva lot harder than mine.

1 Like

yep her go to is Excedrin as well. If she catches it early enough she can keep it from coming sometimes but other times there is nothing that helps. Migraines would put me into legitimate depression and I don’t know how people live with them so well.

Hey there FL refugees. I just moved to Gainesville, but will be travelling around the state pretty regularly. Any good “strapped” level courses for a young professional new to FL?

Anyone ever make their way up to this area is welcome to reach out. Always looking for golf buddies.

WP9 (winter park 9) really surprised me. It got a lot of hype from the NLU boys but I didn’t expect it to live up to it and it honestly exceeded what they said.

1 Like

Finally got out yesterday to WP9 and definitely lives up to the hype. Will now make sure I go walk after work once or twice a week moving forward

2 Likes

I haven’t played that many south Orlando courses, but I did just play Shingle Creek. It was redone a couple of years ago and I am really impressed. Conditions were great for July, lots of rolling side hill and uphill/downhill lies (despite being on a flat site), feels tighter than it actually is (able to hit away from trouble on most holes), greens are big, sloped with many chipping areas mowed tight, centerline bunkers, no forced carries over water, drivable par 4, … Anyone agree or disagree with me?

How long did it take you to play? I have been there 3 times and every round has been over 2 hours. Lots of fun, but waiting on lots of shots.

Agree. I have played it 3 times now, and had good experiences each time.
Tough but fair, played with some high handicaps that also really enjoyed it. I know a lot of people have complained about pace of play, but it has not been that bad the times that I was out there. Right around, or just over 4 hours.

1 Like