Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

CCO and it’s not a fair fight.

2 Likes

Not sure you need a third, but yeah, CCO and it isn’t close.

Toss up between CCO and Interlachen (I am biased here due to growing up in Winter Park).

Give me CCO all day. I’m biased because I’m a Ross guy, but I also believe it’s the best course in Central Florida not named Mountain Lake

2 Likes

Just wanted to drop in, Orlando Gui here

4 Likes

I know it isn’t in Orlando but has anyone played Plantation Bay - Club De Bonmont course. Thoughts?

If anyone isn’t busy next week, looks like I’ll be in town for a Thursday morning round around 730am. Thinking about OCN or Winter Park9 unless someone has a better recommendation.

1 Like

Just moved to the area from New York City with my wife. 33, we’re both full time remote now so North FL was a good spot to be.

Out in Daytona Beach, but home club where I’m a member is LPGA International.

Anyone local? Looking for some playing partners. I’m not great, shoot around 95-100.

3 Likes

I’m a bit farther but I can get you 20% off at my club LPGA International. I’ll play. I shoot roughly 95-100.

1 Like

Looks like the day I’m coming down is changing. Might be in NSB Friday and Orlando Saturday the 21st and 22nd of this month.

Shoot me a dm as it gets closer if you wanna play somewhere. I should be free.

1 Like

I have PTSD from the Hills course. Love the Jones course.

2 Likes

So turns out I’m going to be in New Smyrna Beach this coming Friday. I’m currently looking at playing New Smyrna Beach Golf Club, an old Ross course, around 9:30am.

2 Likes

Totally random post, anybody free Monday morning to play somewhere?

1 Like

Coming on vacation next week anybody free to play Thursday morning?

@bogeytax and I are playing Wp9 at 11:06 tomorrow if anyone wants to join

3 Likes

Another roll call for WP9. I’m coming into town this coming weekend. Right now looking at sometime early Sunday morning. I’ll have my BIL with me so we have room for an easy 2, but it’s always great getting more refugees together so the more the merrier.

1 Like

I may be in for this.

1 Like

Just returned from a weekend in Orlando.

Report card:
Southern Dunes: A+ Greens were PERFECT and fast. Lots of sand, and nice elevation changes. Refreshing to play an Orlando course that does not have water on every hole.

Shingle Creek: B I have played this course many times, like the layout but it wasn’t in as good of shape this weekend. The whole resort is closed, felt like a bare bones staff.

Grand Cypress New Course: A Love this place, they got hit with an unexpected rain shower overnight before we played, and it was perhaps a bit soggy at spots, but good shape overall. Side note; The work being done at Grand Cypress is wild. The work for the new 18 is well underway, and they have turf down on certain holes. It seems like Dart Container is throwing around unlimited moneys.

4 Likes

Being a former employee, this pleases me

3 Likes