Roll Call: Oregon

Hi Bryce,

Welcome! No formal meetings are scheduled for Portland but with nice weather around the corner I don’t see why we couldn’t get something scheduled. I noticed that you’re in our discord. We’ll schedule it there.

Morning all,

I will be in Bend for a wedding in late June and am looking for recommendations/advice. Two rounds - one Friday, one Saturday. Are rideshares readily available, and if so, is it worth making the trip to Pronghorn? All ears on other options. Thank you!

A couple of options and depends on what you want to spend/how far you want to drive.

Fun, relatively inexpensive tracks in the area:
Widgi Creek
Lost Tracks
Crooked River Ranch (Madras)
Aspen Lakes (in Sisters)
Quail Run (in La Pine)

More $, also fun
Black Butte Courses (Sisters)
Crosswater (Sunriver)
Pronghorn
Awbrey Glen (private, but have a contact to get you on)

Unsure about rideshare, might be worth getting a rental car.

2 Likes

Uber and Lyft do exist in Bend. I haven’t used one though. I suspect renting a car may be cheaper than ubering back and forth to Pronghorn.

2 Likes

Also add Tetherow to the More $, also fun list.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I’d throw Juniper (Redmond) on the list to fun and relatively inexpensive.

2 Likes

Hey everyone. I host a golf tournament for my hockey team each year that was loosely tied to a golf league that I was in. It’s a two-man shamble at Wildwood on 5/24. We usually get 40-50 teams, and it’s a pretty good time. It might be a good way for some of us to meet. This is the fifth annual one.

I’m down for doing more Refuge-specific events and helping set it up but I figured this could be a low-friction way for people to team up and meet here. Also, for the newer to the area golfers a good way to meet some new people to play with. It’s a pretty varied skill range but overall a good time.

Here is the link to sign up: LCHC Pro AM - Little Cuties Hockey Club

EDITED TO ADD: There is a June 16th deadline for registration because we have to lock in the times then and prepay.

5 Likes

This is awesome, my buddy and I are going to join! Exactly the kind of low stakes event I’m hoping to find more of in the Portland area. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Low stakes? We play for car notes.

Yeah, it’s a good group, and that course sets up very well for that format.

As a 26 handicap who’s been looking to unload his shitty Hyundai Tucson this tournament now checks every single box.

PNW friends! Hello and good morrow. My wife and I going camping @ east lake resort just south of bend, East of la pine, with some of my extended family. I am thinking (expecting) that I will eventually tire of out family activities and want to escape to play golf. Sunriver golf resort looks about 5-10 minutes away. Debating staying on property for one night to get access to Crosswater if it’s worth it? Tetherow (a nice solid kick in the teeth) also looks like it’s close-ish to where we will be camping. Anyone have recommendations or a must play course close-ish? Any fun 9 hole/short courses around? Best “strapped” course?

Thanks in advance

Finally remembered to sign up for this. Pumped to play Wildwood again!

Got the registration!!!

1 Like

Aspen Lakes would be a lower budget course compared to some of the others. But if you haven’t played Tethrow it is an interesting time.

1 Like

Just played Aspen Lakes last weekend. Was $114 with a cart and range balls so I don’t know if that’s low budget. Closer to you @Mr.Alleged would be Widgi Creek or Lost Tracks.

1 Like

After some light research, this looks like a perfect spot for an evening 9 with my dad and wife! Aspen looks just a hair out of range, while still probably within an hour from la pine, the closer the better

1 Like

If you don’t go to Widgi Creek, Quail Run is in La Pine. Very good quality for the price. Lost Tracks is in a similar vein as well and has a very quirky routing.

Booked 36 @ Tetherow for this coming Wednesday the 21st. Second round I believe i may be a single @ 12:50. Will take on all bets from anyone looking for a game if they want to join.

If anyone wants a free ticket to see Goth Babe July 22 at McMenamins Edgefield shoot me a DM.