Roll Call: Oregon

Yeah, I am happy to help out with it, seems like we have a little momentum on the Oregon Roost list which is nice.

1 Like

Very down as well. Let me know how I can help.

1 Like

Please get the word out in advance if yā€™all do something in Portland area this Summer. Would love to drop a few Southwest points and get up there. Been a minuteā€¦

2 Likes

when I get home Ill look at the pumpkin schedule of events. Ill pick some good dates and toss them out here. I think it would be fun to have an informal get together of like minded people.

The guest rate is about $100 ish, unless 2023 has any changes. If there is someone with limited travel resources, I do have and extra bedroom and bath LOL
b

2 Likes

Sounds great! Looking forward to it. Oregon Roll Call needs to represent! Plus will be good to get some mini-matches/warmups before we go to larger Roost events.

1 Like

OP3 will be at a new location you might not have played beforeā€¦ And a reasonable drive from PDX

1 Like

Yea the rumor mill is abound. Very excited! Iā€™m gonna go to Chambers this year again no matter what. But Oregon is definitely calling me.

1 Like

Hey there, we are looking at relocating from SoCal to Bend or Eugene. I am a member of Lowcal roost and hope to connect with members of Oregon Roost who reside in Central OR.

1 Like

Check out the Washington thread for a Wine Valley event

1 Like

Iā€™d definitely be down.

1 Like

Hey, Oregon folk.

We still have a ton of spots available for our Gearhart meetup! Itā€™s March 25th-26th. Thereā€™s a block of times starting at noon on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning times starting at 10am. Thereā€™s a ladies club event starting at 8am or so, so we have to be after it. Didnā€™t think itā€™d be a huge issue cause some of you might be driving over anyway.

• Everyone is getting the resort discount without any requirements for a rooms block or even staying in one of the required options to get said discount. So, spouses/families coming along and staying anywhere are on the table!

• Cost is $75 per round. You can send it to @Matthew-Essig (last 4 digits are 9234 if you need them) on Venmo

• Signups and payment must be done by Friday! You can ignore the other tabs in there and just use the March signup tab

1 Like

Ah darn, Iā€™ll be just returning from a trip otherwise Iā€™d be all in. I love that place.

This is perfect timing, as some friends and I booked a house in Seaside for that weekend and I was hoping to play Gearhart on Sunday AM before heading back to Portland. That being said, a few questions/concerns I have about jumping into this:

1. I donā€™t currently have a handicap, having only just started seriously playing back in the summer of 2022 (random rounds here and there over the last 20 years, but HS hijinx donā€™t count).
  2. Related to the above, currently shooting around 100-110, on courses that are probably much easier than this one.
  3. Donā€™t have a partner, being brand new to this group, and will likely not offer much in terms of contributing to a respectable team score in this format (though I promise my swing isnā€™t horrendous, just inconsistent, and I putt decently well).

Considering the above, I would still love to join yā€™all and meet some other PNW folks and play 18, so should I just sign up and not worry about it? Despite taking 110 shots to finish a round, I play fast! :laughing:

1 Like

I have a group of 3 that I reached out and checked with. Didnā€™t think itā€™d be an issue and it isnā€™t haha. Theyā€™d love to have ya join on that Sunday morning!

Throw your name next to Ted Kyle and hit me with the payment ASAP in the next 2 days! You wonā€™t be part of the ā€œtourneyā€ but you donā€™t have to be to attend a PNW Crew meetup :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome. Money sent and sheet signed. Look forward to meeting everyone! This snow better melt soon so I can get back to range sessions.

1 Like

Anyone going to the Portland Golf Show at the expo center this weekend? Iā€™m thinking I might swing by Saturday afternoon for a few hours. Feel free to send me a message if youā€™ll be there and we can shoot the shit and you can help me decide which 52 degree wedge to buy (my bag is currently 5-9 with a PW and Iā€™ve been told a 52 will solve all my chipping problems :upside_down_face: )

Hey folks! Iā€™m headed to Bandon May 12-14 with a family member, but blocked off the whole week to play Gearhart and the adjoining area. I couldnā€™t convince any of the NorCal guys to join me on such short notice, but would love to meet up with anyone for a round on May 7 afternoon (around Portland) or May 8-10 (gearhart / highlands / manzanita / astoria / etc).

Also - happy to take any recommendations!

1 Like

Hi there!

If youā€™re playing around Portland, Iā€™d recommend one of the courses at Heron Lakes or if you donā€™t mind a little drive, get out to Wildwood. You could also look at Stone Creek in Oregon City or play the Reserve out in North Plains.

1 Like

Strongly recommend Wildwood!

3 Likes

Hi all, wondering if there are any Portland area meetups scheduled? Iā€™m a newer golfer, started a little over a year ago (but just broke 90 heyo) and would love to expand my community here and make more golfing friends since Iā€™m semi-new to the area. Anything in the works?

1 Like