Olympic Prolific 3: Wine Valley GC in Walla Walla, WA - Sept. 9 & 10, 2023

So, all those Priuses and Audis with “The Mountains Are Calling” stickers in the parking lots of Gamble, Palouse Ridge, or Wine Valley are from Spokane?

6 Likes

Wine Valley is a great choice for a new venue. Its a big ball park.

1 Like

Mmmhmmm… Don’t mind the venue change. This will be fun!

2 Likes

I can definitely see that as a thing for some people. 3 hours is kind of the edge of being able to drive get a nice round in and drive home so I can see why it’s difficult for people if you don’t want to make it a multi day trip.

I’ve done two day trips to WV from Seattle, which is about 4 hours each way :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

First update and sign-up sheet -

Contract is signed!

• Saturday - Tee times starting at 8am and going until 11:20. If we have less than the 88 spots (and we probably will), I will eliminate the later tee times first. That gives people more time to replay, wine taste, or do whatever they want.

• Sunday - Shotgun starting at 8:30

• Each/per round will be $160 +tax

• It will be individual pay at the course each day; however, you must drop out no later than 2 weeks or we get penalized (I must notify how many there will be on August 25th).

• To counter that, I am going to ask everyone to send me $20 (or more if you are feeling generous) that will be put towards charity and to save your spot. If someone ghosts, it will come straight out of the charity fund. If you are a dick who drops out last second, doesn’t call the shop to pay, and we get penalized, you are screwing over the kids. Not us directly. Do not be that person. I will make it publicly known if you do that. Captains are not very welcoming to those kind of people going to their events, and it will probably get you blacklisted with me!

Send the $20 to @ Matthew-Essig (last 4 digits are 9234 if you need them) on Venmo

• If you don’t have venmo, DM me for Paypal info.

Sign-up sheet

11 Likes

Looks like any replays will be at that same $160 + tax, correct?

I highly doubt that. They had a discounted rate for a replay last year.

I don’t see it listed on the website, but they have “twilight” and “super twilight” rates listed on there. I have to think there’s still a break and will ask in an email. Might not get a response until the new week, though

1 Like

@The_Cad_Says Will we see you this year at Wine Valley, Your Grace?

2 Likes

Shit, I’d love to. What’s the dates?

Edit: just saw start of Sept. That’s a genuine possibility… :relaxed:

5 Likes

I’ve realized west coast golf is my favorite golf. Im in.

8 Likes

Very much looking forward to this.

10 Likes

Damn @notjustinkaiser is signed up? Guess I’ll have to back out…

5 Likes

I’m still firmly in the “maybe” camp. Stay signed up for now…

4 Likes

I’ve signed up and paid my deposit :relaxed:

5 Likes

I’m in!! Deposit sent

6 Likes

As a lifelong resident of “The place so nice, they named it twice”, I can’t believe that I would be so tardy to the party on this one.

Not much else that I can add to the convo that hasn’t already been said, except to say how stoked I am for everyone to have a go at this track, especially you first timers! Dan Hixon knocked it out of the park on this one and barely moved any dirt while he was at it.

Other than that, I just wanted to offer up my boots-on-the-ground intel for any and all comments, questions, concerns. Hum babe!

8 Likes

$20 paid up. Lesss goooo! Walla Walla when it sizzles. Been wanting to make this place happen for a long while. Thank you @MrVinegar206.

6 Likes

Wine Valley is the PERFECT place for OP3 - glad we’re showing the world what the PNW has to offer outside the Seattle metro!

Sad in won’t be able to join this year - but I’ll be there in spirit. If anyone needs recs for the area, let me know. We lived over there this summer and have a rental property in town.

JEALOUS of the experience you’re all in for!

5 Likes

Cannot wait!

2 Likes