Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

Thoughts on Oakland Golf Club? Never been up there but I’ve heard it’s pretty decent and it’s only around $82 a month to join if you live outside of 25 miles from the course.

Oakland is fun. Wacky putting green.

A front pin on 9 is total bullshit. They always did this for any high school event.

1 Like

My wife’s family is from oakland. It’s a nice track. Agree with Andy, 9 Green is tough. Course floods pretty easily too but hopefully we’re done with all of that for awhile now. How many 100 year floods can you have in 1 decade?

2 Likes

Born and Raised in Omaha (live in KC now) but grew up in Eagle Run and family belonged to Champions Run so I know those courses better than any other. Would love to get a round in with some NLU guys when things settle down on a weekend back in town.

5 Likes

I’ve been playing 9-18 holes at Indian Creek weekly. It is such a good layout, incredibly challenging from the right tees, and always in phenomenal shape! I do wish they would go the pool noodle route instead of pulling cups 2" above-ground. WARNING: They just punched the greens.

I was out there last week. I wish they put the sticks in the raised cups just for a visual and to use the rangefinder. Was in great shape per usual though.

1 Like

They dont have any flagsticks at all?

I play in Tuesday league there and played it last Sunday. No flags at all. And technically if it hits the raised cup at all it’s considered “in”. Takes all the guess work out of 10 footers…just blast it at the cup lol

Was super disappointed to see that yesterday, really wanted to go grind on my putting and I saw that. Oh well a necessary evil

That kinda stinks.

We still have foam above ground level, but there are many places with it just below ground level so you can still hole putts without touching anything. It seems like that might be the best option i’ve seen.

We’re just using our best judgement with the foam above the ground level.

1 Like

Yep that’s how Platteview is too. It’s a nice compromise…you don’t really end up making contact with much but can still hole the putt.

1 Like

Hoping i can get to the range today, i havent hit a ball in like 2 weeks. lol

1 Like

Just enough time to forget your bad habits!

lol, i wish thats how it worked.

1 Like

Nope. They have pin sheets that show one green for each 9 divided into ninths and put a hole in each of the nine spot. Obviously no dimensions with each nine only having one green to represent the entire course. Can’t really get a good number unless you can get a rangefinder reading off the group ahead of you. I didn’t see the pin sheet until I was done, so I ended up just trying to hit the center and hoping I got lucky when I missed.

1 Like

Saw Lost Rail on Twitter today (@LostRailGolf). Curious if you guys knew about it and had any thoughts on it. Checked out the membership packet today for fun and seems like they want it to be a destination course like Sand Hills, Dismal River or CapRock Ranch but in the Omaha area (225th to 234th between Harrison and Cornhusker).

4 Likes

This is in my wheelhouse. First i’m hearing of it and would be a fine reason to leave Shadow if the membership is within a similar window.

i’ll follow along and see what happens in the next few months.

1 Like

I can share the info they sent me if you want to take a look at it.

You just email them about the membership info or is it available online anywhere?

I emailed LostRailGolf@gmail.com. Response came from Dirk Chatelain of OWH.